Anyone start tearing down a 2019 to install sound system?

15 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Nice! Thank you.

Now I just need the exploded diagrams for the speaker locations in the doors, dash, and for the subwoofer. Do you know if the dealer will let customers buy the service manual with the diagrams for the new models yet? I'm guessing it will be a while before the Haynes manuals come out.

1 hour ago, ApertureX said:

Nice! Thank you.

Now I just need the exploded diagrams for the speaker locations in the doors, dash, and for the subwoofer. Do you know if the dealer will let customers buy the service manual with the diagrams for the new models yet? I'm guessing it will be a while before the Haynes manuals come out.

I just asked for those at the dealer and they printed them out for me.  When you tear yours apart will you make a video I can follow. I’m having a hard time with mine. 

3 hours ago, JacobC1983 said:

I just asked for those at the dealer and they printed them out for me.  When you tear yours apart will you make a video I can follow. I’m having a hard time with mine. 

I'll see if I can either video or do step by step pictures. Right now I'm waiting on some financial stuff to be completed and then place the special order. It will probably be 4 months at the earliest that I will have my 2019.

I'm researching everything now so that I have a better idea of what I'm going to run into. Right now I've got a 2000 watt Pioneer system in a 2013 VW Passat that I installed, but if I'm going all the way with the High Country, I might as well upgrade the components too. :)

Does anyone know if the head unit is a carry over from the 18's (bose)? Nav TV doesn't have anything yet for the 19's. My truck gets built next week so I am hoping to see it by end of the month then get into having someone do a stereo.

• 2 weeks later...

I really think the new BOSE in the 2019 is better when compared for previous gen...especially when you take most the base out of the BOSE and apply to external sub. I just left the the factory stuff alone....and added a little kick. 

This may help some of you.  This box was custom made fiberglass to fit directly inside the factory storage box that comes with higher trim crew cab. Just a single 10in (plenty for my age) still need to clean up the amp a little.. but you get the idea. Also have a base control knob up front. 

sub.thumb.jpg.56b3ca127a2f56892eec05d43513a06f.jpg

Edited by GMC-AT
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

I really think the new BOSE in the 2019 is better when compared for previous gen...especially when you take most the base out of the BOSE and apply to external sub. I just left the the factory stuff alone....and added a little kick. 

This may help some of you.  This box was custom made fiberglass to fit directly inside the factory storage box that comes with higher trim crew cab. Just a single 10in (plenty for my age) still need to clean up the amp a little.. but you get the idea. Also have a base control knob up front. 

sub.thumb.jpg.56b3ca127a2f56892eec05d43513a06f.jpg

Any chance you could show us how you got behind the dash to wire it into the factory stereo?  Does your truck have the center console?

58 minutes ago, GMC-AT said:

Yes, full center console. I didn't do the install.. had a shop do it. 

Well crud. That’s the part I can’t figure out. Any chance you could ask the them how they got behind the dash?  Where all the screws are (and how many) to remove the black trim piece that encompasses the climate controls etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JacobC1983 said:

Well crud. That’s the part I can’t figure out. Any chance you could ask the them how they got behind the dash?  Where all the screws are (and how many) to remove the black trim piece that encompasses the climate controls etc.

Do you have bose? If you happen to get it out, can you take pictures? Nav TV doesn't have anything for 19's yet. I'm guessing they need pictures of the back of the headunit where everything connects to make up a system to get a clean output.

4 minutes ago, alipor said:

Do you have bose? If you happen to get it out, can you take pictures? Nav TV doesn't have anything for 19's yet. I'm guessing they need pictures of the back of the headunit where everything connects to make up a system to get a clean output.

Yes I will.  I just can’t figure out how to get behind there yet.

1 minute ago, JacobC1983 said:

Yes I will.  I just can’t figure out how to get behind there yet.

Thanks, I've only seen videos for the 18's to remove the headunit, and I'm not sure how similar they are.