My K2 may be gone forever

I was rear-ended by another pick up Last night on the way home.   I was stopped at a stop sign waiting for a semi to clear the intersection when a drunk driver slammed into the back of my truck.  There were no skid marks, I don't believe he even tried to slow down.  It's a 55 mph road and he was going at least that fast.  I think she may be totalled.  All persons involved walked away.  My daughter and I are a bit sore today, but nothing advil won't fix.  Even the drunk was fine when the State patrol hauled him away in cuffs.  Now the wonderful experience of dealing withe drunks insurance company begins.

• Sad 3

Sad situation drinking and driving . I pity the fool that injures any of my friends or family member be while under the influence. 

It's not worth it. Get a ride . That's easy.

Hope everything works out for you and your family 

Edited by dieselfan1

I think I may talk to a lawyer.  The guys insurance is already being a pita.  I asked for a rental and they want to give me a little POS econobox.  I drive a 4 wd truck for a reason.  I live out in the country and snows here.  I need a reliable vehicle in all conditions.  If they do try and fix it, it will be spring before I get it back.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

I think I may talk to a lawyer.  The guys insurance is already being a pita.  I asked for a rental and they want to give me a little POS econobox.  I drive a 4 wd truck for a reason.  I live out in the country and snows here.  I need a reliable vehicle in all conditions.  If they do try and fix it, it will be spring before I get it back.

Yea that should be a no brainer.  His fault 100% they should be bending over backwars for you.

9 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

Probably interesting to note that a lot of insurance guys are ex car dealers.

Pics of your truck? Obviously assuming by the collision speed, I'm sure it's totaled. Unless its a newer High Country or Denali worth some coin. Bummer either way. Just keep in mind, any lawyer you get involved will take a huge piece of the pie. Glad you and your daughter are alright.

if you have comprehensive it's time to blow up your agent's phone. That's what you pay him for.  Light his phone on fire. If you only have liability, have fun. 

I had a similar situation years back with only liability. 28 phone calls and 3 months later I finally got my checks. They put me in an Impala instead of a truck for those three months and paid for it the whole time. Her insurance company admitted fault from day one. They really didn't care.

I live in a small town and have a clean driving record for nearly 45 years so my rates are low. We keep full coverage on our vehicles to avoid playing these games. My time is worth so much more.

• Like 1

before you waste your time and money on a bloodsucking lawyer, you need to let your insurance company work it out. that's why you pay them. Its their job to deal with accidents and they will chase down the drunk's insurance co. They have an interest in it because if they don't get you reimbursed, then it would come out of their pocket.

and don't accept the first offer.

Edited by aseibel
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mike GMC said:

I have full coverage, why should involve my insurance when his should be paying everything?  Will my insurance be able to put more pressure on them?

Several reasons you may want to involve your insurance...

1)  He may not have enough property damage liability to cover your damages (here in PA you only have to carry a $5000 limit - anything higher is optional).

2) You don’t like the other company’s offer or how they’re handling the claim.

3) You maybe have a “replacement cost” rider on your policy.

4) Your rental reimbursement limit may be a higher limit that may get you into the kind of rental vehicle you want.

Call your agent and talk to him or her and get some advice.  I’ve been an agent for over 30 years now and frequently help my clients figure out the best way to deal with claims whether they going through their insurance or not.  And shocking as it may be ... as an “insurance guy” I’m not out to get you, screw you over or take advantage of you and I’ve never been a car salesman or even known another “insurance guy” who ever was a car salesman. :uhoh:

• Like 5