Denali Cluster retrofit Technical Resource Thread and FAQ - Part Numbers, Procedure etc.

This post has been replaced by a constantly updating part number list on our website, all of this information is now under that product/service on our website :)

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-19-k2xx-denali-cluster-upgrade-retrofit/

:)

Edited by GTPprix
Changing verbiage about fitment.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What is the price difference, assuming standard coding, between programming a used unit vs. a new one?  This will help make it easier to justify buying new vs used.

I would hate to source a used unit just to discover the end cost ends up being nearly the same as just buying a new unit. 

What is the price difference, assuming standard coding, between programming a used unit vs. a new one?  This will help make it easier to justify buying new vs used.

I would hate to source a used unit just to discover the end cost ends up being nearly the same as just buying a new unit. 

It’s $100 price difference. If you go to their site and chose cluster programming, it’ll have a drop down for used (+$100)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

PLEASE DO NOT CLUTTER THIS THREAD UP WITH ANYTHING THAT IS NOT DIRECTLY RELATED TO FITMENT OR TECHNICAL QUESTIONS ETC.

The whole reason I had to make this thread was because of that happening on the other post; thanks! 

Edited by GTPprix

Hi all, I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.  I have at 2015 Sierra SLE 1500 z71 4x4 (V8 flex fuel).  I believe the info below states that part number 23301138 would work for my truck.  Am I reading that correctly?  Please correct me if that is wrong.  THX

2015.5 (Trucks with RPO AVF and/or VV4) GAS US SPEC -DENALI RED

5a62457fc61c5_Most2015GASUSSPEC.JPG.e9e21ed5ef89aa9f1f68bbdeffeb2ec1.JPG

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT I found two clusters one for a 2017 Sierra and one for a 2017 Yukon. Both numbers are 84166518. It doesn’t match up to the numbers you have posted but they are only one number off of the 84166517. Am I missing something or will that work for the swap? 

On 1/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, BluEyeItln said:

Hi all, I just want to make sure I am understanding this correctly.  I have at 2015 Sierra SLE 1500 z71 4x4 (V8 flex fuel).  I believe the info below states that part number 23301138 would work for my truck.  Am I reading that correctly?  Please correct me if that is wrong.  THX

2015.5 (Trucks with RPO AVF and/or VV4) GAS US SPEC -DENALI RED

5a62457fc61c5_Most2015GASUSSPEC.JPG.e9e21ed5ef89aa9f1f68bbdeffeb2ec1.JPG

@BluEyeItln, if you have those RPO code(s), then yes as those are just superceded P/Ns with each step down.

5 hours ago, Dana Helmly Jr. said:

I have a 2017 GMC Sierra SLT I found two clusters one for a 2017 Sierra and one for a 2017 Yukon. Both numbers are 84166518. It doesn’t match up to the numbers you have posted but they are only one number off of the 84166517. Am I missing something or will that work for the swap? 

@Dana Helmly Jr., Chris posted US cluster P/Ns.  My experience has been with 1 number off is the difference between US (MPH) vs KPH clusters.  US clusters will be 0-140 and KPH I believe is 0-200.

4 minutes ago, BlkSS said:

@BluEyeItln, if you have those RPO code(s), then yes as those are just superceded P/Ns with each step down.

@Dana Helmly Jr., Chris posted US cluster P/Ns.  My experience has been with 1 number off is the difference between US (MPH) vs KPH clusters.  US clusters will be 0-140 and KPH I believe is 0-200.

You are correct on the speed my oem is to 140 mph the one I found says 200 mph. It actually has MPH on the cluster. So I’m assuming that will work then. Don’t really need it to say 200 not like I’m gonna get near that. 

1 minute ago, Dana Helmly Jr. said:

You are correct on the speed my oem is to 140 mph the one I found says 200 mph. It actually has MPH on the cluster. So I’m assuming that will work then. Don’t really need it to say 200 not like I’m gonna get near that. 

Hmm. That just seems fishy. They never made one that shows 200 MPH. Take a screenshot and post the pick for us.

I just picked up a 2018 SLT 5.3L that came with the Canada/metric cluster (see pic). I'd love to upgrade to the Denali cluster (who wants to read their oil pressure in kilopascals? lol). I see there are three part numbers listed for the 2018 US gas spec. Which one should I look for? Are there differences in features between the three?

Thanks!

EDIT: 

It looks like this is the difference between the three part numbers:

84298306 original to 1500 4.3, 5.3, and 6.2

84380246 unsure, part seems to be discontinued

84385167 original to 2500/3500 6.0

I found a new 84385167 for sale on eBay. Will this work with my 1500 5.3L? 

slt-cluster.jpg

Edited by Matt Ohms
  • Like 1