2014 Sierra 1500

I have had my truck at the GMC dealership for 3 days now for an oil change and to check into why my heated seated were not working.  They first told me they need to replace my body control module.  They did that it and they then said they had a bad board and they needed to try another one.  They tried another one and then told me I needed to bring in my second key fab so it would program properly.  They completed the install and took it for a test drive.  It only worked temporarily.  Now they are saying they need to replace the 2 elements in both seats.  The total repair will be $2200 for the BCM and the four elements.  Because I am not a mechanic, I looking for some one with a mechanical backround to tell me is this legit?  Do I need both a BCM and 4 elements replaced to get them to work?

Edited by Mike J
Miss spelled word

10 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have had my truck at the GMC dealership for 3 days now for an oil change and to check into why my heated seated were not working.  They first told me they need to replace my body control module.  They did that it and they then said they had a bad board and they needed to try another one.  They tried another one and then told me I needed to bring in my second key fab so it would program properly.  They completed the install and took it for a test drive.  It only worked temporarily.  Now they are saying they need to replace the 2 elements in both seats.  The total repair will be $2200 for the BCM and the four elements.  Because I am not a mechanic, I looking for some one with a mechanical backround to tell me is this legit?  Do I need both a BCM and 4 elements replaced to get them to work?

Just like a doctor, get a second opinion. Your truck is out of warranty, take it to another dealer, or a shop you trust. What is the reputation of this dealer that you are at now?