Heated Seats and Remote Start

9 hours ago, Cregeis said:

I have turned on heated seats under my remote start preferences yet when I enter my 2017 Yukon Denali, the seat heater lights are not on and the seat is not warm.  Any suggestions?

My 2015 silverado is the same way.  Doesn't seem like they heat up at all.

In GM vehicles the heated seat lights do not come on during remote start but the seat heaters actually do.  After you get in the vehicle and start it with the key then you need to push the seat heater button to make them come back on.  I'm not sure why yours aren't warm but they definitely warm up faster when somebody is sitting in them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sk said:

In GM vehicles the heated seat lights do not come on during remote start but the seat heaters actually do.  After you get in the vehicle and start it with the key then you need to push the seat heater button to make them come back on.  I'm not sure why yours aren't warm but they definitely warm up faster when somebody is sitting in them.

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject.  Maybe GM has changed but I had a 2007 Tahoe that had the seat heater lights on when I entered the vehicle after hitting the remote start.  The seats were definitely warm!

41 minutes ago, Cregeis said:

Thanks for shedding some light on the subject.  Maybe GM has changed but I had a 2007 Tahoe that had the seat heater lights on when I entered the vehicle after hitting the remote start.  The seats were definitely warm!

Same thing with my 2008, light on when entering cab. Do you have the heated and cooled (back of seats have a hard plastic shell with a fan in it) or the ventilated (uses heat and cold from inside the vehicle) which has just a normal seat cover on it?

13 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Same thing with my 2008, light on when entering cab. Do you have the heated and cooled (back of seats have a hard plastic shell with a fan in it) or the ventilated (uses heat and cold from inside the vehicle) which has just a normal seat cover on it?

My 2017 Yukon Denali has heated and cooled seats and the back of the seats are covered the same in the back as the front (leather).

2 hours ago, Cregeis said:

My 2017 Yukon Denali has heated and cooled seats and the back of the seats are covered the same in the back as the front (leather).

Unfortunately those are the ventilated style, they do not get as hot or cold as the prior style. You body heat and the heating elements together make them warm, so when you first get in, they are not all that hot.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you remote starting your vehicle from the OnStar or myGMC Apps or are you using the key fob? I've had many instances using the OnStar app and not having any noticable warmth on the seats after at least 5 min of the vehicle running but do notice heat after using the key fob.

10 hours ago, Mandalorian said:

If you leave the seat heat on when shutting off the vehicle, it won't automatically come on the next time you start it. You have to go into the infotainment settings to activate the feature.

I’m not doubting you, but why would it be programmed to work this way?

So each time you use the seat heat you have to remember to switch it off before shutting off the vehicle; then the seat heat will come on with remote start either Fob or App?

42 minutes ago, SDfromSD said:

I’m not doubting you, but why would it be programmed to work this way?

So each time you use the seat heat you have to remember to switch it off before shutting off the vehicle; then the seat heat will come on with remote start either Fob or App?

Not quite. You just have to activate the feature in the infotainment system, then it'll work as you'd expect. 

For what it’s worth a family member has a 2015 Yukon. Had the same issue tried all the settings when remote starting the seats would not turn on only when you press the button manually. Took it to the dealer and it was a module that was no good. May not be the case but that was the issue here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk