Scared of the K2

1 hour ago, Jacoby said:

The Ford is a better put together truck and the Ecoboost is a million times better than the Ecotech motor.  With that said Im pretty happy with my 17 Silverado

Doubtful, impossible and I'm happy with my 2018 as well. All we have at work are lease Ford trucks, not the cheap stripped down models either, we get new ones every 2 years and no, they are not put together any better (or worse) than the GM trucks.  We have little nit-picky stuff all time on the Fords, switch gear, dash issues, rattles and just what you would expect from a vehicle that gets used daily doing hard work. They are good trucks but I disagree that they are better assembled than the GM trucks. Mathematically 1,000,000 times better for an Ecoboost vs Ecotech...can't happen unless the Ecotech is just a block of iron/aluminum taking up space in the engine bay. Is the Ecoboost more advanced? Yes I believe it is and I wish GM would at least adopt the dual injector system that the Ford has. I'm happy with my GM too and have let friends drive mine while I drove their Ford...both good trucks period but I'll keep my 6.2    

Edited by SS502
  • Like 2

The Ford is a better put together truck and the Ecoboost is a million times better than the Ecotech motor.  With that said Im pretty happy with my 17 Silverado

No, it’s not, they carbon up just like the rest and a great many people are complaining about their Fords too.

Sent from above

o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/  
noun
noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions
  1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

You guys have yours and I have mine :thumbs:

13 minutes ago, Jacoby said:
o·pin·ion
/əˈpinyən/  
noun
noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions
  1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge

You guys have yours and I have mine :thumbs:

Thank you for the explanation :thumbs: Come on Jacoby, if we're gonna be picky...show me where you mentioned it was your opinion :D

2 hours ago, Jacoby said:

As you say, an OPINION.

:)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Thank you for the explanation :thumbs: Come on Jacoby, if we're gonna be picky...show me where you mentioned it was your opinion :D

In my original post

7 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

As you say, an OPINION.

:)

Yes that's what I said.  Jeez Its like a broken record in here

1 minute ago, Jacoby said:

In my original post

Yes that's what I said.  Jeez Its like a broken record in here

After you edited it...I evidentially caught it before the edit, my apologies.

Edited by SS502

Just now, SS502 said:

After you edited it...

I did that for you. 

In the true meaning of the definition neither of us have facts or knowledge to prove one truck is better than the other so I just figured you would take my post as an opinion as I did your follow up.  Next time I'll spell it out better for everyone and make sure I state it as my opinion.  :D

I did that for you. 

In the true meaning of the definition neither of us have facts or knowledge to prove one truck is better than the other so I just figured you would take my post as an opinion as I did your follow up.  Next time I'll spell it out better for everyone and make sure I state it as my opinion.  [emoji3]

At least you didn’t say Ram, then you would’ve needed to go into witness protection.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Jacoby said:

IMO the Ford is a better put together truck and the Ecoboost is a million times better than the Ecotech motor.  With that said Im pretty happy with my 17 Silverado

Are you serious?

How come so many ecoboost motors are blowing up?

Why are Ford's constantly having recalls?

If they are so great why do you have a Chevy?  

Unbelievable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KARNUT said:

At least you didn’t say Ram, then you would’ve needed to go into witness protection.?

Been there done that.  I bought a 2012 brand new and it was the worst truck I ever owned.  The HEMI is tired, even still today.  Trans tuning was for crap and thir cylinder deactivation was crap.  Back around that time Dodge had a lock on the ECU's and there was no way to tune them so it was what it was.  The coil spring suspension was a nice idea but a couple hundred pounds in the bed made it sag like crazy.  I had to run air bags just to tow a 6x12 motorcycle trailer and make it run level.  I'll never own another Ram

• Like 1

Been there done that.  I bought a 2012 brand new and it was the worst truck I ever owned.  The HEMI is tired, even still today.  Trans tuning was for crap and thir cylinder deactivation was crap.  Back around that time Dodge had a lock on the ECU's and there was no way to tune them so it was what it was.  The coil spring suspension was a nice idea but a couple hundred pounds in the bed made it sag like crazy.  I had to run air bags just to tow a 6x12 motorcycle trailer and make it run level.  I'll never own another Ram

My brother has had 4 in a row, loves them. 95, 2002, 2010, 2015. The 2010 he gave to his parts manager with 200K miles. Just did a transmission overhaul. My other brother has 79 little Red express bought new, all mostly dodges ever since. I’m mostly Chevy. Just luck of the draw.

2 minutes ago, dieselfan1 said:

Are you serious?

How come so many ecoboost motors are blowing up?

Why are Ford's constantly having recalls?

If they are so great why do you have a Chevy?  

Unbelievable.

Ecoboost motors blowing up???  I doubt you can provide proof of that statement.  You wont find anything supporting that on any of the Ford forums which is where all the problems usually show up.  If you do they are very few and far between.  Im sure theres been a 5.3 or 6.2 go south a time or two

Constant recalls???  They had a transmission issue (in older trucks) and a seat belt issue in some newer models.  Still nothing wrong with the Ecoboost.  I think a small batch had fuel pump issues at one point but still no issues with the motors

I had a 2017 Expedition Limited EL and it was a wonderful vehicle.  I got out of an 08 F250 that was a great truck but I have a family of 5 and thought I needed a more family oriented vehicle.  I soon found myself needing a truck more and more so I went searching.  Im not brand loyal and when I go car/truck shopping its usually for something different then what Ive had prior.  Plus in all my searching the 2017 crew cab 4x4 F150's with the Ecoboost were coming in at a much higher price point than a comparable Silverado and they had more mileage on them.  I found a 17 CC 1500 4x4 lifted with wheels and tires, leather interior, all the bells and whistles, standard bed and 5.3L with 9k miles on it for $40k.  A comparable F150 with Ecoboost for $40k had at least 30k plus miles on it.  Maybe its just me but the Chevy seemed like a better deal.  Plus I think the K2 trucks look better than the F150's.  I could have found a comparable F150 with the 5.0 all day but the Ecoboost is a better motor and brings a premium.  I wonder why since in everyones OPINION on here theyre shit