Scared of the K2

16 hours ago, SS502 said:

Because in your very first post you state you’ve been test driving 2019 vehicles, list the terrifying shake and transmission problems that are obviously plaguing SOME of the K2 trucks but surly not all. We post some good some bad and even some off the wall stuff. Not sure you want to spend X amount of money, scared of the K2, already know the prices you’re looking at and THEN come back and tell us all how impressed you are with the Ford. Cool!!!! Go buy the Ford because nothing posted on this forum is going to guarantee you a trouble free truck, ESPECIALLY a used one. Since you knew the issues on the K2 (and I assume the Fords too) why didn’t you just go test drive used versions of them all, gather your thoughts and then bump those thoughts off both us and the Ford guys? To me, when I read your latest post about your Ford test drive and how impressive it was, it rubbed me the wrong way. Ya shoulda done that FIRST and you should have test driven every truck you even considered buying, noted good/bad and ugly of each one and then made a choice, it’s your money. Instead, you come on here, get 6 pages of replies and then drive a Ford. Buy the Ford because as you said, you don’t wanna regret your purchase. Well new or used, Chevy, Ford or Ram, white or black, 6.2 or 5.0, leather or cloth...NONE of it matters because none of us can give you an honest opinion on the unknown. So in my opinion, this has been a waste of 6 pages (and now about 10 minutes of my time) because you ALREADY knew about the K2 issues. I will say that I truly hope that whatever you end up buying makes you happy and regret free but nothing posted here will ensure that outcome. TEST DRIVE your viable options and go with that.

Sort of what it boils down to isn't it? Until someone can actually put verifiable numbers to any issue to give that issue some weight AND likewise verifiable numbers to the resolution efficiency of the manufacture in response to that issue ALL you have is an opinion. Tell me it isn't so.....

The OP is waffling; tossed about by every opinion he hears. Those who are in offer of an opinion are scrapping for a bone than hasn't any real meat on it. Conjecture and opinion; are they that important?

Might as well go something like this:

Hey all; I'm looking at different sodas and I'm kind of draw to Orange Cream but I've heard that someone once found a dead mouse in a can of it. Could I avoid that dead mouse if I choose Coke? I don't really like Coke and I drank one yesterday and didn't find a mouse in it. I think I might really like Coke better because there are fewer mice in Coke. Is that true? Should I get the limited edition Super Bowl cans? Oh...oh...I just read 7UP only gets an occasional fly. Maybe I like 7UP better. What do you all think? 

:lol:

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/02/2019 at 3:27 PM, batman900 said:

lol ^^^ You want something truly trouble free get the 12 year old Tundra and go to the pump every other day. Otherwise I'd say Ford and GM are on equal playing fields. The pretty Fiat RAM..... Nah

I would still say the K2 is better than any Ford. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:24 AM, SS502 said:

Because in your very first post you state you’ve been test driving 2019 vehicles, list the terrifying shake and transmission problems that are obviously plaguing SOME of the K2 trucks but surly not all. We post some good some bad and even some off the wall stuff. Not sure you want to spend X amount of money, scared of the K2, already know the prices you’re looking at and THEN come back and tell us all how impressed you are with the Ford. Cool!!!! Go buy the Ford because nothing posted on this forum is going to guarantee you a trouble free truck, ESPECIALLY a used one. Since you knew the issues on the K2 (and I assume the Fords too) why didn’t you just go test drive used versions of them all, gather your thoughts and then bump those thoughts off both us and the Ford guys? To me, when I read your latest post about your Ford test drive and how impressive it was, it rubbed me the wrong way. Ya shoulda done that FIRST and you should have test driven every truck you even considered buying, noted good/bad and ugly of each one and then made a choice, it’s your money. Instead, you come on here, get 6 pages of replies and then drive a Ford. Buy the Ford because as you said, you don’t wanna regret your purchase. Well new or used, Chevy, Ford or Ram, white or black, 6.2 or 5.0, leather or cloth...NONE of it matters because none of us can give you an honest opinion on the unknown. So in my opinion, this has been a waste of 6 pages (and now about 10 minutes of my time) because you ALREADY knew about the K2 issues. I will say that I truly hope that whatever you end up buying makes you happy and regret free but nothing posted here will ensure that outcome. TEST DRIVE your viable options and go with that.

Actually, I do know the unknown, because I knew you were going to say that......And like most, the OP will complain about any truck that he does end up with, too many what if's before he has even taken possession.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:01 PM, Enough said:

Put 38,000 miles on my 2016 RCSB. Converter shudder was fixed with a flush or two. Price got right on the 2018 LT so I traded up. Both trucks 5.3 L, 6 speed, and 3.42 rear. At 3,500 miles 2018 is smooth as silk. Was on the phone on bluetooth when I got home from work this evening. Half an hour later I realized the truck was still idling at 500 RPMs in V8 mode ! No vibrations at idle either ! The 5.3 L has plenty of power for my needs and does not require premium fuel.

I'm not a fan of the new body style, that's why I bought the 2018 once the price got right. if something happened to the 2018 tomorrow I would find another K2 to replace it.

Guess they forgot to add the Chevy shake to the RPO codes on my trucks !

Was your shudder with the 6 speed?

On 2/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, Enough said:

Put 38,000 miles on my 2016 RCSB. Converter shudder was fixed with a flush or two. Price got right on the 2018 LT so I traded up. Both trucks 5.3 L, 6 speed, and 3.42 rear. At 3,500 miles 2018 is smooth as silk. Was on the phone on bluetooth when I got home from work this evening. Half an hour later I realized the truck was still idling at 500 RPMs in V8 mode ! No vibrations at idle either ! The 5.3 L has plenty of power for my needs and does not require premium fuel.

I'm not a fan of the new body style, that's why I bought the 2018 once the price got right. if something happened to the 2018 tomorrow I would find another K2 to replace it.

Guess they forgot to add the Chevy shake to the RPO codes on my trucks !

10 minutes ago, Ohiozr2 said:

It appears they both had 6 speeds :thumbs:

Edited by SS502

1 hour ago, Ohiozr2 said:

Did you have to get the fluid flushed yourself, as in not covered under warranty? Have you had any long term issues since?

You would have to ask @Enough I was just pointing out that both trucks had the 6 speed.

2 hours ago, Ohiozr2 said:

Yes, the shudder was with the 6 speed. The multiple flush and fill did the trick on the 2016. It was covered under warranty I there was no shudder when I traded the 2016 RCSB in on the 2018 Crew Cab.

Edited by Enough

7 minutes ago, Enough said:

Yes, the shudder was with the 6 speed. The multiple flush and fill did the trick on the 2016. It was covered under warranty I there was no shudder when I traded the 2016 RCSB in on the 2018 Crew Cab.

How did you have it performed under warranty?

Edited by Ohiozr2

On 2/26/2019 at 1:41 PM, dieselfan1 said:

No surprise there.

Ford , Mercury same things

Fix Or Replace Daily.

Found On Road Dead.

Fix on Race Day

Fix Or Repair Daily

Fix or Recall Daily

F**ked Over Rebuilt Dodge

Backwards it's even better: Driver Returns On Foot

IMO the Ford is a better put together truck and the Ecoboost is a million times better than the Ecotech motor.  With that said Im pretty happy with my 17 Silverado

Edited by Jacoby