Oil Fill Tube

So I saw a pic of the 2019 Silverado 5.3 and noticed there's a fill tube... does anyone know a part number for one to put on my 17 Silverado and 16 Suburban. I do my own oil changes and holding the funnel at an angle is a pain, I can't believe there's not a tube to get it level.

2019 Picture

40265036303_987fb56182_k.jpg

Edited by cheyenne383
  • Like 1

I have to use a funnel anyways to get around my catch can and I have a css in the oil fill also. But just go on line and get a. Vin of a new truck then type it into gm parts direst and search oil filler tube. There will be a diagram with part number. But remember..... Versions.... That's all

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

I have to use a funnel anyways to get around my catch can and I have a css in the oil fill also. But just go on line and get a. Vin of a new truck then type it into gm parts direst and search oil filler tube. There will be a diagram with part number. But remember..... Versions.... That's all

I haven't done my own oil yet on this truck but have a flexible funnel on the wall for when I do. My catch can(s) are on the fender so they're not in the way but I don't live in Michigan where I run the chance of freezing either. I guess if the filler tube actually fits our trucks I could get one.

• Like 1

There is one that my friend has looks like this.(https://www.amazon.com/EPAuto-Radiator-Coolant-Filling-Funnel/dp/B01I40ZQWE?ref_=fsclp_pl_dp_11) Might be easier than trying to get that.
No that is a collant fill and auto burp funnel kit. I have it and works great not for oil and even with our water thick oil the hole is still very small.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SS502 said:

Probably should order 35, 36, 37 and 38 just to be safe?

This was my thoughts as well

3 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

And then because I'm lazy tell me if the old cap fit and take pictures of the height and th opening with cap removed. For us css guys. THANKS

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I'll post up when I do it... being in the middle of nowhere typically means even my simple projects take some time to get off the ground. I'll shoot for an April update. :uhoh:

I did a similar mod on my 2018. I had a 2012 Suburban that had this fill tube extension, so I bought that part number and added it. It took some modifications because the 2012 version had a "detent" on only one side as it twisted on, and the 2018 caps have the detents on two sides. So, I Dremel-ed in a slot on the tube for these detents to ride. That made it fit. But, since it was not very precise in locking in, it wiggled a lot, and was hard to keep the tube in place, while trying to remove the cap, which fit tight. Given the catch can location on my 2018, it made removing the tube difficult because of its angles during rotation. 

I sort of gave up for now. But here were my details and some pics:

Bought one of these - Dorman 917-412 (tall) or Chevrolet PerformanceOil Fill Tubes 12559505 (short)

20181230_121000.jpg

20181230_121117.jpg

20181231_122443.jpg

Edited by ftwhite

19 hours ago, SS502 said:

I haven't done my own oil yet on this truck but have a flexible funnel on the wall for when I do. My catch can(s) are on the fender so they're not in the way but I don't live in Michigan where I run the chance of freezing either. I guess if the filler tube actually fits our trucks I could get one.

I have the same thoughts.  I've not changed the oil on this truck but using an appropriate funnel would be the first option that came to my mind.  I have a long neck angled funnel that I use on my motorcycle that I think would be perfect for the task!  The fill tube modification looks like a great option for those who regularly service their own vehicles.