Oil Fill Tube

On 3/1/2019 at 1:03 PM, vonrokker said:

I bought this one off of Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GV8O8OO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It does not come with the O-ring but they are easy to get. It fits perfectly and looks like the one being used on the new 2019's. 

image.thumb.png.83d2793d7bf43408d441a1b711a6dd64.png

This one fits only issue is it doesn’t sit straight up/down but will be angled to the front or back

• 1 month later...

Check the orientation of the two locking tabs inside the oil fill hole.  If they are at 12 and 6, these filler necks will not sit vertically when installed.  If the tabs are at 3 and 9 as shown in this illustration, they'll work.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10-14-LS3-L99-Valve-Cover-Oil-Filler-Tube-Extension-NEW-GM-2-TAB/131665757630?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

On my 2016 Tahoe the tabs are at 12 and 6.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Been doing my own changes for ever. I just use a long skinny funnel and never had an issue, no spills or anything.

Skinny funnel fits in there well and i just dump the oil in.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, paumat said:

It verks...

Thanks for the confirmation, I just ordered one for my truck.  I did an oil change last weekend and it was a bit of a pain as my larger oil funnel was too large to fit in the hole, so I had use a smaller funnel.  It worked but I had to very slowly pour in the oil to keep it from overflowing in the funnel.  This should allow for much easier access next oil change.

34 minutes ago, LDM said:

Thanks for the confirmation, I just ordered one for my truck.  I did an oil change last weekend and it was a bit of a pain as my larger oil funnel was too large to fit in the hole, so I had use a smaller funnel.  It worked but I had to very slowly pour in the oil to keep it from overflowing in the funnel.  This should allow for much easier access next oil change.

Part#?

Received mine yesterday and it works great.  Fits without any issue and is straight up and down on my truck.  Should make the next oil change go a lot smoother.

On 3/18/2020 at 3:34 PM, paumat said:

Got my hands on a 2019+ fill tube. Based on the fitting, looks like it will be damn near vertical after installation; maybe tilted just a hair forward. Will update photos after install

Did the cap off your truck fit, or did you need to get the newer cap as well?