Level?

So I got a 2.5” leveling kit put on my 18 GMC Z71 and the front is still about .75” - 1” lower than the rear...

Anyone else have this issue? Any options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got a picture? I have a 1.5 inch level and mine is an inch difference

I have a 2.25 and my measurements are 39.5 from ground to high point on wheel well lip (black trim piece directly above the tire in line with center cap) front and 39.5 on the rear. That’s level in my book.

3110D3AC-79DE-4CF4-AC3C-9FA86DCE82FC.jpeg

• Like 2

I have a 2.25 and my measurements are 39.5 from ground to high point on wheel well lip (black trim piece directly above the tire in line with center cap) front and 39.5 on the rear. That’s level in my book.
3110D3AC-79DE-4CF4-AC3C-9FA86DCE82FC.thumb.jpeg.f2e8a1d76968c7278c9b8b87940ec390.jpeg

I’ll measure again but apparently different trucks come with varying heights from the factory.

10 hours ago, dsm1995gst said:

So I got a 2.5” leveling kit put on my 18 GMC Z71 and the front is still about .75” - 1” lower than the rear...

Anyone else have this issue? Any options?

keep the gas tank full to balance it out.

But seriously, do you have any heavy tools/ gear in the truck or bed? I wouldn't worry about 3/4" difference. Unless it was nose high. So I would say you are in a good position.

1 minute ago, aseibel said:

keep the gas tank full to balance it out.

But seriously, do you have any heavy tools/ gear in the truck or bed? I wouldn't worry about 3/4" difference. Unless it was nose high. So I would say you are in a good position.

If it matters my picture and measurements are with a full tank of gasoline and a Bak flip 4 cover.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:39 PM, wforrest08 said:

Take the blocks out between the rear axles and the leaf springs. It’s recommended you replace the ubolts any time they are removed. 

Just did this myself and leveled the truck out perfectly. At first I did drop shackles but it wasn't enough. 

Edited by SlowGMC

I'd leave it for a few weeks before making changes. You are very focussed on this mod right now and it may appear more level (or even nose high)  in different parking situations.  Also,  imo, a slight rake is preferable as there are times you will be carrying a load or towing a trailer.  

I have to actually measure the fenders, but I had originally lifted the front with Bilstein 5100 shocks on the max setting.  This is supposed to be 1.86" of lift but it still had abit of rake to it.  I installed 0.25" thick spacers under the bottom shock mount for another 0.5" of lift and it looks pretty level now.  Maybe 1/2-3/4" of rake max.

large.IMG_20190301_124446973_HDR.jpg.79264ca12242c9ab643162b3e776d47a.jpg

On 3/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, SS502 said:

3110D3AC-79DE-4CF4-AC3C-9FA86DCE82FC.jpeg

What size tires??? Did you replace upper control arms???

On 3/19/2019 at 6:35 PM, Crumbsnatcher said:

What size tires??? Did you replace upper control arms???

275/60R20 and stock UCA’s angle is not bad on ball joints. Here is full left lock...

Edited by SS502