Window tint

Keep in mind that the fronts are already 70% so 20% on top would be darker than the rear. The rear are 20% I believe. If you are added 20% all then disregard.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Oh man I thought there was zero tint on the front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, bhowatt said:

Oh man I thought there was zero tint on the front

There is a small amount from the factory on nearly all cars. Usually around 70%. 

This is what mine looks like with 27% on the front sides, 50% on the windshield, stock rear sides, and 27 over the rear slider (this makes the rears look darker from this angle).

IMG_1562.jpg

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Armo325 said:

What state are you in? Every state has different laws regarding tint.

I’m not saying you should or should not follow those laws. Lots of people don’t but it would be a good idea to at least know what the limits are for your state.

What are you going for? As dark as possible? Match the other windows?

I believe 20% (the percentage is how much light is allowed through the tint - lower numbers are darker tint) will most closely match the smoked back windows that came from the factory.

I chose 35% for my own truck. I wanted some tint to shield myself and the interior from the sun but not so dark that it was hard to see out at night. I move between states a lot so I honestly don’t know if it’s legal or not.

35% plus the factory level gives you as close to the rears are you can get.  When looking at the truck from the outside it doesn't appear that way because the windshield lets so much light in it makes the front door glass appear lighter.

To be legal in IL I can apply nothing darker than 35% to my front door windows.

Edited by paracutin

tint laws...:rolleyes: lol its too hot down here in lower AL for them to care. and i dont do anything else illegal so if i get stopped for that then so be it.

my wifes Acadia is darker than my truck but i was tired of my kids getting getting burned from a hot interior. plus i dont like weirdos being able to see my kids at a red light 

• Like 2

So after a lot of deliberation and help from you fine people, I decided on 20% for the front windows and a 8” visor strip on the windshield. I have to say I couldn’t be happier. Love the look and how dark the interior is now. This truck makes me feel things. ab4a58f60dd86df0ec3d2593f7077660.jpg2b5c10354350f37e255be703a3929e74.jpgff127f3961eaa16b20867bd5e065eef2.jpg

• Like 4

Ohio used to crack down on tint but doesn't seem to any longer.  My car is tinted (and no front plate); too dark to be legal but not overdoing it.  Wife's car is close to legal on tint and no front plate; again good.  My last truck was super dark on the sides and had a dark front window strip (the previous owner did it, never again). 

This truck I just want to match the fronts to the rears.  Sadly, front plate mount was already installed so I am rocking a plate there. 

• Like 1

I did 15% because the windshield lets a lot of light in. I did a windshield strip as well. The factory windows are 18%.

I think the windshield strip is going to take some getting used to. It’s kind of screwing with my eyes at the moment hahaha.

I think the windshield strip is going to take some getting used to. It’s kind of screwing with my eyes at the moment hahaha.

It took me some time to but now it’s like you don’t even notice it at all.