Led Reverse Lights

Can someone who has swapped the stock reverse lights out for LED ones confirm what size  bulb they are and post a link for the ones they bought?  I want to match the bed lights in color as close as possible

I just ordered a set of reverse LEDs, #921 from deautoled.com they'll be here Saturday. Hope they fit. I'll follow up here after installing them. They have a decent following over on the Tacoma forums, really bright, makes use of the reflector and lifetime warranty. Also ordered a set of Phillips extreme for the license plate lights. The incandescent reverse bulbs look terrible while the rest of the truck is LED. Thanks GM.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GMC-AT said:

Just note - when you change these reverse lights it will make the already very bright reverse camera (at night) even much more brighter. 

I plan on tinting just the reverse section of the taillight so that is why I want LED bulbs to still be able to see when backing up.  Thanks for the info though I will be sure to tint them enough that it doesnt make the camera brighter

47 minutes ago, z1boss said:

I plan on tinting just the reverse section of the taillight so that is why I want LED bulbs to still be able to see when backing up.  Thanks for the info though I will be sure to tint them enough that it doesnt make the camera brighter

I fail to see the point of getting brighter lights then tinting them down...Are you just wanting to black out the clear part of the tail lamp assembly?

1 minute ago, NCPGMC said:

I fail to see the point of getting brighter lights then tinting them down...Are you just wanting to black out the clear part of the tail lamp assembly?

Correct my original plan was to black out the clear part of the tail lamp but then someone mentioned to me that it will make it harder to see when backing up, which I totally understand so that's why I want the LED bulbs

I think it's hit or miss with any 921 LED. Some are better than others and some are way overpriced. The Philips ones are a bit more expensive but I think they work better with the reflector and don't just scatter the light all over the place like others do...

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-12789LPB2-Bright-Vision-Back-up/dp/B01I3OTWQ2/ref=sr_1_15?crid=20PR27NFNOKXD&keywords=led+921+bulb&qid=1553778489&s=gateway&sprefix=led+921%2Caps%2C166&sr=8-15

• Like 1

I got the deautoled.com 921's and the Phillips extreme T10 6000k plate lights installed. They match perfect, and they're really bright. I'm impressed. Backup camera is a bit brighter, but at least I can see behind the truck now. 

DS is LED, PS is OEM in the photo 

PSX_20190330_205238.jpg

PSX_20190330_205140.jpg

PSX_20190330_205150.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/28/2019 at 5:05 PM, z1boss said:

Thanks guys for all the responses.  I ended up buying the Phillips 921 leds on Amazon.  They will be here on Sat.  Will post pics of before and after

Did you get these installed? I got a pair and the white end doesn't seem to fit into the socket properly.. it feels to tight and I don't want to force it in or break it..