Windshield washer fluid not coming out

Since I started working with the company I'm currently associated since last April I've had a 2016 Silverado. Every now and then the fluid comes out but 98-99% of the time it doesn't. When I took it into the dealership to get some basic work done on it I had them check it and of course it worked. They said it was probably frozen, which makes sense, but it also happened a lot during the summer. The washer fluid has been topped off and it still isn't working. Any ideas? Thank you!

25 minutes ago, IVJSawyerIV said:

Since I started working with the company I'm currently associated since last April I've had a 2016 Silverado. Every now and then the fluid comes out but 98-99% of the time it doesn't. When I took it into the dealership to get some basic work done on it I had them check it and of course it worked. They said it was probably frozen, which makes sense, but it also happened a lot during the summer. The washer fluid has been topped off and it still isn't working. Any ideas? Thank you!

Have you checked the outlet (where the fluid comes out)? Could just be clogged up with debris. Find a needle, and see if you can clean it out.

Using a needle or something else to unclog the squirter can damage it and change the pattern.

It plastic, been there.

Undo the line and use air.

To prevent this put a piece of pantyhose over the windshield reservoir and hold it in place place with a zip tie.

Catches any debris and stops plugging up the system.

:)

My 2015 Sierra has done this from day 1.  Very occasionally, it will fail to pump out fluid for 15-20 seconds.  Pump is going, wipers are actuating but no fluid.  It’s almost like the lines drain and the pump has to work fluid back up to the squirter.  Doesn’t happen enough for me to diagnose.