2.7 Turbo 4 Fan Club

10 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

any idea why the engine would rev in park?

The reasons I just gave you. It does it in park. If your MAF went bad early on for no apparent reason a over oiled K&N is a common cause. 
There’s an emission and cooling connection to the ECM programming since this is engine using a three way cooling valve that is electric to manage optimized cooling. Maybe some of the GM techs know more. It doesn’t throw a code but idles up 200-300 rpm. If you let it sit for a few seconds it idles down. If you aren’t getting a MIL code the system thinks it’s design. 
“Rough”idle or burble on cold start is usually signs of piston unweighting or injectors deposits. If you get crap on MAF it’ll do those things too. No code it’s probably not bad enough to worry. Use better fuel for first two causes. 

5 minutes ago, customboss said:

The reasons I just gave you. It does it in park. If your MAF went bad early on for no apparent reason a over oiled K&N is a common cause. 
There’s an emission and cooling connection to the ECM programming since this is engine using a three way cooling valve that is electric to manage optimized cooling. Maybe some of the GM techs know more. It doesn’t throw a code but idles up 200-300 rpm. If you let it sit for a few seconds it idles down. If you aren’t getting a MIL code the system thinks it’s design. 
“Rough”idle or burble on cold start is usually signs of piston unweighting or injectors deposits. If you get crap on MAF it’ll do those things too. No code it’s probably not bad enough to worry. Use better fuel for first two causes. 

Cool thank you!  I cleaned my MAF yesterday with MAF cleaner. I’ll fill up with premium today. 

• Like 1

Just got a 2022 Silverado LTD Custom for a work truck. It has the 2.7L turbo engine. At first I was skeptical when my boss told me this is the truck, I thought the motor was going to be a DOG. But after driving it around for a week so far, I am pleasantly surprised at the power and responsiveness. Truck currently has just about 32,000 miles on it, so it's well broken in by now. Will be a little more active on the Silverado forums now to learn up on the quirks and what not of these newer trucks.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, fondupot said:

Just got a 2022 Silverado LTD Custom for a work truck. It has the 2.7L turbo engine. At first I was skeptical when my boss told me this is the truck, I thought the motor was going to be a DOG. But after driving it around for a week so far, I am pleasantly surprised at the power and responsiveness. Truck currently has just about 32,000 miles on it, so it's well broken in by now. Will be a little more active on the Silverado forums now to learn up on the quirks and what not of these newer trucks.

Feels a lot like the 5.3 IMO

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, fondupot said:

Welcome. Let it start and give it a minute to stabilize idle and get through BIT checks or you’ll fart turbo PRV testing seal. Will jerk too. 

2 hours ago, customboss said:

BIT = Built In Test 

PRV = Pressure Relief Valve ( in this case turbo) 

Hope that helps.  

So if you don’t let it run a while before you let it finish it’s built in tests and drive it you will fart pressure relief valve and it will jerk?  Lol. This must be a joke. 

• Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Mike Borowski said:

So if you don’t let it run a while before you let it finish it’s built in tests and drive it you will fart pressure relief valve and it will jerk?  Lol. This must be a joke. 

It can. Try it, start up and go. On my 2022 LTD until the gauge needles stop their dial to right, dial to left, and then reset on par with engine condition its at a high idle, once that idle stabilizes is it ready to go. Maybe your 2020 is different? I don't know. Do you jump in fire it up and drive off in a few seconds? 

19 minutes ago, customboss said:

It can. Try it, start up and go. On my 2022 LTD until the gauge needles stop their dial to right, dial to left, and then reset on par with engine condition its at a high idle, once that idle stabilizes is it ready to go. Maybe your 2020 is different? I don't know. Do you jump in fire it up and drive off in a few seconds? 

Yeah I literally start it, drop the shifter into R back out my driveway, pop into D and go. And several times throughout the day. I thought you were kidding around. Mine runs fine 

• Like 3

What oil filter is everyone using?

I have a '22 refresh with the HO 2.7 version....not sure if that takes a different filter or not than the standard 2.7.

It shows a ACDelco PF66 in the manual, but I can't find the FRAM Ultra Synthetic XG12447 or any Mobile One Extended Performance filter that shows it fitting.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Normal general first time start up before drive off is 30 seconds. The last new diesel I bought 98 Ford wouldn’t go past half throttle until warmed up. I naturally don’t give more than 1/4 throttle before total warm up. I haven’t tried it but imagine the nannies have that covered too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cowboyman said:

What oil filter is everyone using?

I have a '22 refresh with the HO 2.7 version....not sure if that takes a different filter or not than the standard 2.7.

It shows a ACDelco PF66 in the manual, but I can't find the FRAM Ultra Synthetic XG12447 or any Mobile One Extended Performance filter that shows it fitting.

Thanks!

Enjoy that 4 popper turbo torqmaster!  PF66 is all I have used and if you follow me you can find my oil analysis reports. It's fine until I can source Amsoil, Fram Ultra, or a better oil filter. I remember you were ordering a basic 2WD custom or WT?  That thing ought to get 30 mpg easy in Texas and driven smartly. Remember this is diesel like TQ curve, RPM is not your friend past 1500-2000 rpm.  If I don't see 26 mpg on hwy at 60-65 something is wrong or we have Colorado winds killing it. 

Congrats on the truck and share some pics. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

Yeah I literally start it, drop the shifter into R back out my driveway, pop into D and go. And several times throughout the day. I thought you were kidding around. Mine runs fine 

Well maybe the 2022 LTD is messed up or different. Not sure but it sure runs good once done with what seems to be a test cycle or emissions clearing. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 9:28 AM, customboss said:

Enjoy that 4 popper turbo torqmaster!  PF66 is all I have used and if you follow me you can find my oil analysis reports. It's fine until I can source Amsoil, Fram Ultra, or a better oil filter. I remember you were ordering a basic 2WD custom or WT?  That thing ought to get 30 mpg easy in Texas and driven smartly. Remember this is diesel like TQ curve, RPM is not your friend past 1500-2000 rpm.  If I don't see 26 mpg on hwy at 60-65 something is wrong or we have Colorado winds killing it. 

Congrats on the truck and share some pics. 

Good memory!

I ended up with a 4WD because that was all I could find with the Regular Cab in Glacier Blue.....not getting quite as good a MPG, but still 23-24....I'll take it!

Weird you can't get any Fram or Mobil One extended life filters, it isn't like this engine is new....I guess it's the pandemic...seems to be the case with everything weird anymore.

I will definitely check out your oil reports!

I love that turbo whistle 😁

Blue 22 Perfection.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1