2.7 Turbo 4 Fan Club

11 minutes ago, Cowboyman said:

Good memory!

I ended up with a 4WD because that was all I could find with the Regular Cab in Glacier Blue.....not getting quite as good a MPG, but still 23-24....I'll take it!

Weird you can't get any Fram or Mobil One extended life filters, it isn't like this engine is new....I guess it's the pandemic...seems to be the case with everything weird anymore.

I will definitely check out your oil reports!

I love that turbo whistle 😁

Blue 22 Perfection.png

Cowboyman!  Dang thats a real beauty. Your MPG will improve.  I see one of these in  Grumpy Bears future. Enjoy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, customboss said:

Cowboyman!  Dang thats a real beauty. Your MPG will improve.  I see one of these in  Grumpy Bears future. Enjoy. 

Nice truck!  Isn’t Grumpy Bear anti-4 banger in trucks? Lol

side note: after having numerous CEL issues with the AFE and K&N intakes I’m trying one last thing. Airraid makes a tube that replaces everything from the stock filter house to the turbo. I’m hoping to get some of the sound I love from the CAI without the CEL (MAF stays in the OEM box). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mike Borowski said:

side note: after having numerous CEL issues with the AFE and K&N intakes I’m trying one last thing. Airraid makes a tube that replaces everything from the stock filter house to the turbo. I’m hoping to get some of the sound I love from the CAI without the CEL (MAF stays in the OEM box). 

You can count me in the anti-4 banger club too....lol....until I drove one 😃

Nothing like any 4cyl I ever drove before, granted I haven't bought one since the late 80's.....lol  

Amazingly like all the V8's I have always bought in Chevy Trucks through the years.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cowboyman said:

You can count me in the anti-4 banger club too....lol....until I drove one 😃

Nothing like any 4cyl I ever drove before, granted I haven't bought one since the late 80's.....lol  

Amazingly like all the V8's I have always bought in Chevy Trucks through the years.

I had 0 intention on buying the 2.7. At all. I drove a 5.3 and was set. But at the time I could get a great deal on a 2.7 so I drove it. It felt pretty much exactly like the 5.3 in terms of power. But it handles better (lighter front end). Do I wish I had that V8 sound and could do exhaust on it?  Of course but for the daily “dad ride” that I use it as, it’s perfect. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mike Borowski said:

Grumpy likes the best bang for the $$......so in time! LOL  

If you remove the oiled air filter media regardless of brand that will help. AIRRAID and AFE both have dry synthetic medias that are cleanable. I have seen good results in testing with those.  

Let us know. 

2 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

Customboss is converting me :) Sloooooooooooooooowly :crackup:If he can make one last...I can. 😉 

2 hours ago, customboss said:

Grumpy likes the best bang for the $$......so in time! LOL

Awe, someone finely gets me. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Mike Borowski said:

I had 0 intention on buying the 2.7. At all. I drove a 5.3 and was set. But at the time I could get a great deal on a 2.7 so I drove it. It felt pretty much exactly like the 5.3 in terms of power. But it handles better (lighter front end). Do I wish I had that V8 sound and could do exhaust on it?  Of course but for the daily “dad ride” that I use it as, it’s perfect. 

Yeah it pretty much has no exhaust sound....I guess it could be worse, it could sound like a 1985 Toyota Corolla....lol

• Haha 1

I was really impressed how quiet my last new truck was. One of the reasons I used to do exhaust was to mask the wind noise and rattles. That opened the door for a V-6 or 4. I quit being an V-8 only after we got our Acura type r. And later our 6 cylinder Hyundai’s. I've had 3 of those. I’m not a V-8 snob anymore.

Just bought my 2019 GMC Sierra SLE. Lease was coming due, and I only had 17200 miles on the truck. Could not find a lease close to what I had (238 a month). Plus, the buy-out was 8000.00 cheaper than a comparable 2019 GMC.

So, I bought it outright.

It should last me a long time.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, kc classic said:

Just bought my 2019 GMC Sierra SLE. Lease was coming due, and I only had 17200 miles on the truck. Could not find a lease close to what I had (238 a month). Plus, the buy-out was 8000.00 cheaper than a comparable 2019 GMC.

So, I bought it outright.

It should last me a long time.

Mines a lease, I plan on buying it outright. With the price hikes and lack of some options (retrofit later) it makes sense. I had so many rebates on this thing and GM employee discount. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cowboyman said:

Yeah it pretty much has no exhaust sound....I guess it could be worse, it could sound like a 1985 Toyota Corolla....lol

The 2.7 yoda truck engine was bullet proof but no where near the TQ or HP of this thing. tick tick tick 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2022 at 5:57 PM, Cowboyman said:

Good memory!

I ended up with a 4WD because that was all I could find with the Regular Cab in Glacier Blue.....not getting quite as good a MPG, but still 23-24....I'll take it!

Weird you can't get any Fram or Mobil One extended life filters, it isn't like this engine is new....I guess it's the pandemic...seems to be the case with everything weird anymore.

I will definitely check out your oil reports!

I love that turbo whistle 😁

Blue 22 Perfection.png

Would look great lowered with some 22’s.

• Like 2

I have 3500 miles on my 2022 trailboss custom 2.7ho. 2000 of those miles are towing and it does a great job. It tows as well as the 5.3’s and better than the ford 5.0’s we use at work. I get 12-14 mpg’s towing the boat pictured depending on wind direction.

1D7D878F-8E01-4512-8340-112293C4F77A.jpeg

Edited by Texcl2
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:58 PM, Low Elevation said:

Would look great lowered with some 22’s.

I tell you what, when I clean the windshield or wash the roof I think lowering it some wouldn't be a bad thing....lol

If they keep making these trucks taller they need to sell an accessory step ladder😂

• Haha 2