2020 or 2021 refresh coming on the 1500's?

On 12/10/2019 at 6:23 PM, econometrics said:

...the electric drive selector (bye, column shifter. It was nice knowing you!), ...

I truly hope that they would at least stick with the column shifter. Shouldn't be a problem because the computer doesn't care what the "switch" looks like. Rotary dial or lever doesn't matter.

The column shifter is the most ergonomic solution in a truck. At least for me.

so long

j-ten-ner

Edited by j-ten-ner
  • Confused 1

On 12/10/2019 at 9:23 PM, econometrics said:

Well, now that GM released the 2021 Suburban and Tahoe new models today, we know a little more about what the future will hold for a Silverado/Sierra refresh. 

Everyone betting GM would change the exterior styling was (Trump voice) wrong. ? All the haters need to swallow that the T1 truck design is the look of today and tomorrow with GM trucks. ????

My guess is the 2021 trucks get the 10” Infotainment screen, the electric drive selector (bye, column shifter. It was nice knowing you!), and maybe an updated dash display of some kind. 

Otherwise, looks like most of the T1 features are here to stay for a while. 

(BTW, that Z71 Tahoe with the air ride suspension is ? ? ?

Reviewed the new Tahoe and Suburban.

GM once had a marketing slogan of "new roads".  That is the case for the new vehicles, but not a fan and would argue wrong road.

Yes that's completely subjective but not a fan, inside or out.  Time will tell and really hope they clean up both.  In the interim, I'll enjoy my old, outdated Silverado and skip the Tahoe I wanted to buy to replace the wife's car for the foreseeable future.  Hate to say I might just go with a Jeep GC SRT8 or Trackhawk, despite the dated tech/chassis since it is still relevant and not unattractive on all fronts.  Apples to oranges but the GC is more attractive on all fronts.

Allen

On 12/12/2019 at 8:17 AM, mistermcgoo said:

Yes, I have to agree with you.

One big thing that stands out to me, is the 8" screen. It's the same size as my 2018, but because of the lines/geometry of the T1 interior in ends up looking smaller somehow and feels farther away from you. That's just my opinion though..

I had a 2020 loaner recently and measured the diagonal of the center stack display.  7.4”  I haven’t measured the screen in my ‘15 LTZ but it does appear slightly bigger - maybe because of the lines.  I do find it hard to believe GM would actually spec a screen that measured shorter.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GEORocks said:

I had a 2020 loaner recently and measured the diagonal of the center stack display.  7.4”  I haven’t measured the screen in my ‘15 LTZ but it does appear slightly bigger - maybe because of the lines.  I do find it hard to believe GM would actually spec a screen that measured shorter.  

Oh shit. You have no idea what you just triggered.

so long

j-ten-ner

• Haha 2

On 12/19/2019 at 9:57 PM, GEORocks said:

Screen size depends on what audio system is purchased....

IOR    Audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system, 7" diagonal color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo. Additional features for compatible phones include: Bluetooth audio streaming for 2 active devices, voice command pass-through to phone, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable.

IOR    Audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 system, 8" diagonal color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo. Additional features for compatible phones include: Bluetooth audio streaming for 2 active devices, voice command pass-through to phone, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable.

IOS    Audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Plus system, 8" diagonal HD color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo, Bluetooth audio streaming for 2 active devices, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable, voice recognition, in-vehicle apps, cloud connected personalization for select infotainment and vehicle settings. Dealer upgradeable to embedded navigation. Subscription required for enhanced and connected services after trial period.

IOT    Audio system, Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system with connected Navigation, 8" diagonal HD color touchscreen, AM/FM stereo, Bluetooth audio streaming for 2 active devices, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto capable, enhanced voice recognition, additional memory for in-vehicle apps, cloud connected personalization for select infotainment and vehicle settings. Subscription required for enhanced and connected services after trial period. 

Driver information screen  (DIC) depends on trim level. (except LTZ, which can have std UDD upgraded to UHS)

UDC    Driver Information Center, 3.5" diagonal monochromatic display

UDD    Driver Information Center, 4.2" diagonal color display, includes driver personalization

UHS    Driver Information Center, enhanced, 8" diagonal multicolor digital display, includes analog speedometer and tachometer gauges

On 12/10/2019 at 7:23 PM, econometrics said:

Well, now that GM released the 2021 Suburban and Tahoe new models today, we know a little more about what the future will hold for a Silverado/Sierra refresh. 

Everyone betting GM would change the exterior styling was (Trump voice) wrong. ? All the haters need to swallow that the T1 truck design is the look of today and tomorrow with GM trucks. ????

My guess is the 2021 trucks get the 10” Infotainment screen, the electric drive selector (bye, column shifter. It was nice knowing you!), and maybe an updated dash display of some kind. 

Agree. That's why my next truck will be a RAM. The current styling design is hideous.

On 12/10/2019 at 8:23 PM, econometrics said:

Agreed!  Especially good riddance to the column shifter!  Push button is way easier to manipulate!  Hopefully they make that change for 2021 model year!  I was thinking about getting a 2019/20 model year but after seeing that Z71 Tahoe and it's interior I think I'm going to wait and see if they update the interior.  Column shifter is the worst shifting setup there is in my opinion.  Console shifter feels natural to pull back on and is right in front of where you rest your arm and usually if done right you can rest your hand on it when in park.  Rotary dial like Ram is easy and convenient.  Push button is probably the best as it doesn't take up any console space and it's the most ergonomic to just push a button.

51 minutes ago, midwestchevy said:

Agreed!  Especially good riddance to the column shifter!  Push button is way easier to manipulate!  Hopefully they make that change for 2021 model year!  I was thinking about getting a 2019/20 model year but after seeing that Z71 Tahoe and it's interior I think I'm going to wait and see if they update the interior.  Column shifter is the worst shifting setup there is in my opinion.  Console shifter feels natural to pull back on and is right in front of where you rest your arm and usually if done right you can rest your hand on it when in park.  Rotary dial like Ram is easy and convenient.  Push button is probably the best as it doesn't take up any console space and it's the most ergonomic to just push a button.

Careful-  The consensus around here was that they wanted the column shiftier to stay for the 2019+ models. 

21 minutes ago, Colossus said:

Careful-  The consensus around here was that they wanted the column shiftier to stay for the 2019+ models. 

That's fine, everybody is entitled to their own preferences.  I just personally don't see a logical ergonomic reason for preferring a column shifter over push button.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colossus said:

Logical reason for column shifter-  Tried and true.  Push button?  Bah.  Buttons have issues. 

Do folks not realize that the column mounted "shifter" in a modern vehicle is simply a LARGE electronic switch now? 

I like the nostalgic aspect of one, but nobody's rowing 3-on-the-tree anymore!  Would offer that a push-button version would be much more reliable and cheaper to fix if/when something failed, not to mention much cheaper to produce...

Allen 

• 1 month later...

I certainly hope they bring back some decent interior colors for 2021.  These all black and all dark interiors on the high end GMs leave a lot to be desired.  I left the GM platform for Ram for that very reason.  I would go back to GM, but only if tan or light brown comes back.  I hate a black interior.  That's just my opinion, but I have had many trucks with tan interior over the years....