2020 or 2021 refresh coming on the 1500's?

On 4/12/2020 at 10:29 PM, 20Bowtie14 said:

Fords 21 F150. GM better step up their screen game quickly! I hope they follow suit and update the interior and front ends of the 2500's. They're just awful.

20200412_204613.jpg

Doesn't look much different than the current GMs to me, other than a giant touchscreen with massive glare on it.  Agreed with the fact that at least it still has the buttons, although having them all way down like that to accommodate the screen seems like a bad trade off. 

I test drove a 2020 2500 Silverado in LT trim when they came out, interior wasn't anything ground breaking but it also wasn't a High Country either.  Biggest issue I had was the ugly front end, the higher trims at least get what looks like a normal front end.  They should put that on all of the 2500/3500.  And I still don't care of the 1500 front ends on the Silverados, low or high trim.  The GMC looks much better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Colossus said:

Oh its all about screens now, is it? 

Of course it is.  We need more stuff like this to compete with smartphones and distract drivers even more.  Why should drivers keep their eyes on the roads?  

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/10/2019 at 2:43 AM, rtr16 said:

Be nice if they focused on truck things over keeping up with the INTERIOR of luxury sedans.

Ford’s trailer backup assistance thing, GM “trailer checklist” (lmao), and RAM 12” touchscreens (really lmao) are painfully telling as to the customers they’re trying to convert. In any event, looking forward to my ‘19 AT4.

IMO the tech needs to be simple and more modular. For example, minor changes in charging standards shouldn’t obsolete the entire suite of related options (wireless charging, slow ass charging ports).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't get me started! 

I'm pretty sure the awful styling of the Silverado HD has more to do w/ lacklustre sales than the interior. I'm thankful I replaced my 2011 sooner (w/ 2017) than later.

Edited by revrnd
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 12:28 AM, Yondu said:

God.  Have you sat in one?  They're not good on the inside. 

I have owned an 82 C/K, '94 GMT400, 2000 GMT800, '04 GMT800, '11 GMT900 & now my '17. All regular cabs & mid level trims. The seat in this truck has to be the worst! The adjustable lumbar is pointless. I'm 6'2" & honestly don't feel comfortable in the truck.

The dash I could care less about. As someone said years ago about people complaining about the ride, "Buy an Impala" Wait they don't offer them anymore. Yes appealing to people that have no reason to be in a truck & as a result so that 'use' their trucks suffer.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:56 PM, Allen_B said:

Went and drove the new Chevy HC and GMC Denali early this past summer and GM sadly missed the mark on all fronts, especially with the front end on the Chevy.

A month or so later, after pulling a maxed-out two axle U-Haul trailer (and fully loaded bed) with my 2010 1500 Silverado, I again looked but this time drove a 3/4 ton Ram for a little better towing capacity.  Difference in comfort, accouterments, driveability and general looks was striking.  There's a reason Ram is gaining market share- They are researching the market and building better product. 

Down side as mentioned is the price.  The problem is the only GM offering I'd consider, the 1/2 ton GMC Denali, was nearly the same MSRP as the comparable 3/4 ton diesel Ram.  And no, the Ram wasn't the top-line but the Laramie which IS sadly comparable to the Denali.  I will be the 1st to concede the Ram traditionally drops value quicker but that is historical and would be interested to see if that holds true.

In the end, I opted against a new truck because the price for new was too stout for what I'd actually get.  I opted to update my "old" low-mile GMT900 truck.  The 900 (LTZ) interior may not have the integrated tech of the new trucks but it's better laid out and oddly more comfortable.  GM hasn't given me a compelling reason to trade, other than a dash that may not crack like the GMT900 trucks- yes, have already replaced mine! 

Hope GM fires whoever designed the current interiors and the horrendous Chevy front end and start over.  I say that currently owning 4 Chevy vehicles and being a GM fan for decades...

Allen 

My '11 LT felt better than my '17. They seem to be going backwards with the comfort (supposedly something they really work on).

I don't think I've seen anything as ugly come out of GM's design studio since the Aztek? Whoo (fill in the blank) signed off on the HD? I know I sure wouldn't want one in my driveway. The occasional HD around here, but lots of new Rams & SDs.

On 4/12/2020 at 10:29 PM, 20Bowtie14 said:

Fords 21 F150. GM better step up their screen game quickly! I hope they follow suit and update the interior and front ends of the 2500's. They're just awful.

20200412_204613.jpg

I'd have to see that in person. I like the current look of my 2020 interior better.  But, after I see it in person...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, Puttnutt24 said:

Hello,

Does anyone know when Chevrolet will announce the 2021 Silverado's and provide details?

Thanks in advance..

Rich

They did last month, 2021's are already out for most models (midsizers you see out, ditto with the full size SUV's so the trucks should be too). 

https://www.tfltruck.com/2020/07/2021-chevy-silverado-1500-offers-new-packages/

Tyler

I see some HD bits on there now.  Its got new fenders up front, box sides out back.  It's got the fender flares like the HD, its got the front of the box bed step too, you can see the outline of it in the last picture on that link.  

No shots of the interior but in picture #6 you can see the camo flap on the dash.  This has to be a 2022 facelift as 2021 is the same as 2019-2020.  

Edited by newdude