2020 or 2021 refresh coming on the 1500's?

7 hours ago, dieselfan1 said:

It's sad that guys are basing their truck purchase on the size of the screen.

I mean really sad. What's wrong with you guys?

You should just get a stupid Dodge then.

God.  Have you sat in one?  They're not good on the inside.  They actually took a step or backwards from the k2xx. 

Cheap materials and blank buttons everywhere.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Yondu said:

God.  Have you sat in one?  They're not good on the inside.  They actually took a step or backwards from the k2xx. 

Cheap materials and blank buttons everywhere.  

I know. Unless you get an LTZ or HC they seem pretty plain. Definitely a step backwards.

On 8/13/2019 at 6:51 AM, dieselfan1 said:

I know. Unless you get an LTZ or HC they seem pretty plain. Definitely a step backwards.

Thing is the LTZ is barely nicer than the LT, you have to look pretty hard.  The High Country then spray paints some trim pieces bronze.  

They need some slight material upgrades and then a new upgraded interior that's an option on RST/TrailBoss and standard on LTZ and HC. 

And to sort out the suspension. It's supposed to be a huge improvement and it's worse. 

Long ago, pickup trucks were the purview of contractors, farmers, and a few hot rodders who loved to go mud bogging. Simple, tough machines meant to do work and not much else.

Then the DIY home improvement craze hits, and upper-middle-class Chad and Buffy Homeowner are convinced they need a pickup truck for their bi-monthly run to the home improvement store. Trucks become popular suburban haulers. However, Chad and Buffy Homeowner and friends are appalled that their trucks are not as well-appointed as their Volvo wagons. Manufacturers recognize this, and start giving their trucks more car-like rides, interiors, and features, and the prices creep higher.

Then, with all the money Chad and Buffy saved by being their own contractors, they can afford to buy a camper/boat/horses/jetskis, etc., and use the truck to haul toys around every weekend.

In the meantime, the F150 increases its established lead as the nation's most popular vehicle.

At the same time, the popularity of pickup trucks among the middle class prompts manufacturers to add more passenger space, more toy hauling capacity, and more creature comforts than ever before. Manufacturers build in huge profit margins on their trucks, and capitalize on up-selling well-qualified consumers into the higher trim levels. Trucks are then marketed to the more well-to-do consumers who have bigger homes, bigger toys, and bigger wallets.

Suddenly, the 1/2-ton isn't enough; so begins the trend to up-sell wealthy buyers into HD trucks.

The pickup truck has evolved for better or worse. For most, is no longer about just doing work. It's about image, lifestyle, and capabilities beyond what a basic truck used to be. Convincing the average consumer to replace their car/SUV/CUV with a truck requires the truck to offer all the conveniences and comforts expected of a car/SUV/CUV. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that expectation. But what many people have an issue with is when manufacturers, knowing the market as they do, deliberately up-sell consumers to more expensive vehicles just to get the same ubiquitous technology that comes standard on even the most basic Kia. It's infuriating. And they love it when we squabble about features on forums because that helps get people clamoring to keep up with what the other guy has. Clever folks, those marketing types; they understand societal pressures more than we give them credit for.

As for me, I enjoy my bare bones reliable work truck with less gadgets to break, and basic easy-to-clean hard interior surfaces. At least manufacturers still recognize there's a (small? niche?) market for trucks like mine, since they still offer them.

That being said, my next truck is most definitely going to be more luxurious, since it will probably be my retirement vehicle.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2019 at 1:43 AM, rtr16 said:

Be nice if they focused on truck things over keeping up with the INTERIOR of luxury sedans.

Ford’s trailer backup assistance thing, GM “trailer checklist” (lmao), and RAM 12” touchscreens (really lmao) are painfully telling as to the customers they’re trying to convert. In any event, looking forward to my ‘19 AT4.

IMO the tech needs to be simple and more modular. For example, minor changes in charging standards shouldn’t obsolete the entire suite of related options (wireless charging, slow ass charging ports).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, that's what the buyers want. Trucks don't need to be trucks anymore.

On 8/12/2019 at 5:29 PM, BigBadSierra said:

I'd prefer them dumb the trucks down as they are not luxury cars and lower the prices.

The prices are getting to high and 70K is hard to swallow. 80K or 90 K.  Nope this boys out or will just buy used.

I agree, if T does not win in 2020 the economy is going to tank out overnight. As someone has to foot the bill for all of the free stuff that was promised. 

On 8/25/2019 at 7:51 PM, SnakeEyeSS said:

Well, that's what the buyers want. Trucks don't need to be trucks anymore.

The reason that a lot of people like trucks and big SUVs is because of the comfort. They ride high, offer great visibility, are huge inside with lots of room...yeah the handling and the speed and whatever aren't sports cars, but I'd rather drive a Suburban for a 8 hour drive than a Corvette for the same distance.

I don't mind if they offer creature comforts. Having things like heated/cooled seats is pretty nice. 

I just wish they weren't all bundled together. Good luck trying to find a truck with cloth bucket seats and a NAV unit for example.

• Like 1

I'm 25, I don't care for the technology (unlike others my age) in the truck. I just want to know if they are going to get rid of that horrible orange inserts and stitching in the AT4. I have a 2017 All Terrain right now and having a truck with a red and black theme with a orange and black interior was the dumbest move from GMC.  The 2017 has a black and red theme inside with carbon fiber.

I'm debating on keeping my current truck but if they don't update the interior I'm just going to bite the bullet and move up to the current 2020 AT4 because I love the exterior look. 

(I also have to stay with GMC if I want a new truck...I have so many incentives with them, its crazy)

I have seen a rendering of the all new Tahoe. Looks like independent suspension, 300 lbs lighter,10 speed transmission,

Following are our expectations about the future Chevrolet Tahoe:

Based on the new GM T1 platform, delivering all-new underpinnings and engineering

Significantly lighter than the fourth-generation model, by as much 300 pounds (136 kilograms)

All-new exterior and interior designs

Improved third-row configuration and usability

Inclusion of next-generation MyLink infotainment system

Increased amounts of luxury, comfort and convenience

Potential addition of an independent rear suspension, possibly as an option

Inclusion of the GM Super Cruise autonomous driving technology

Following are our expectations about the future Chevrolet Tahoe:

Based on the new GM T1 platform, delivering all-new underpinnings and engineering

Significantly lighter than the fourth-generation model, by as much 300 pounds (136 kilograms)

All-new exterior and interior designs

Improved third-row configuration and usability

Inclusion of next-generation MyLink infotainment system

Increased amounts of luxury, comfort and convenience

Potential addition of an independent rear suspension, possibly as an option

Inclusion of the GM Super Cruise autonomous driving technology

To the people knocking having a nice truck cabin- the whole point of this refresh is that people are willing to pay for more in the higher trims...if you like just the basics that's fine-stick with the WT of LT trim levels.  You don't have to have a 12in touch screen if you don't want it.   But trucks are increasingly daily drivers for many people, so its just good business for the Big Three to have something for everyone.  Instead of being an a@# about it, you should be happy...the high prices of the high trim trucks actually helps GM reduce the margins/costs on the lower trim/fleet vehicles.  Yeah, they're expensive and probably somewhat unnecessary, but so is a Corvette-and they've been successfully selling those for 75 years.