2020 or 2021 refresh coming on the 1500's?

Saw this report from Bloomberg, which included admission from GMC marketing that some updates were definitely incoming. I wonder if they can get something like that changed by the 2020 models?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-04-08/new-pickups-come-with-bare-bones-interiors-at-sports-car-prices?utm_source=google&utm_medium=bd&cmpId=google

Gee whiz.....with the public's obsession over having latest and greatest, most notably perpetuated by cell phones and the like, it's no wonder vehicles are so fickle. Barely get the bugs worked out and everyone is chomping at having another, because yesterday is old news.

• Like 3

Be nice if they focused on truck things over keeping up with the INTERIOR of luxury sedans.

Ford’s trailer backup assistance thing, GM “trailer checklist” (lmao), and RAM 12” touchscreens (really lmao) are painfully telling as to the customers they’re trying to convert. In any event, looking forward to my ‘19 AT4.

IMO the tech needs to be simple and more modular. For example, minor changes in charging standards shouldn’t obsolete the entire suite of related options (wireless charging, slow ass charging ports).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, rtr16 said:

Be nice if they focused on truck things over keeping up with the INTERIOR of luxury sedans.

Ford’s trailer backup assistance thing, GM “trailer checklist” (lmao), and RAM 12” touchscreens (really lmao) are painfully telling as to the customers they’re trying to convert. In any event, looking forward to my ‘19 AT4.

Well stated!!!   

• Like 1

There was an interview with GM ceo Mary Barra where she stated the technology was coming & changing fast. So vehicles would receive almost annual updates to keep pace with the competition. It has been a few years since that interview, so that is not the specific wording she used. 

With that, am so hoping they move all of the side mirrors on these trucks back up to the corner of the side glass instead of mounted on the door panels. 

• Like 1

All this change and refreshing comes at a price.

Trucks are already pricey enough. :rolleyes:

If the 2020 or 2021 GM truck receive a RAM like interior..... you might as well prepare for a second mortgage.

Because this will likely boost the price up over 70K.

Escalades have exceeded 100K. 2020 Tahoe, Yukon and Suburban will likely be in the 80's

When is enough enough?

• Like 2

On 4/17/2019 at 1:37 PM, Sierra Dan said:

All this change and refreshing comes at a price.

Trucks are already pricey enough. :rolleyes:

If the 2020 or 2021 GM truck receive a RAM like interior..... you might as well prepare for a second mortgage.

Because this will likely boost the price up over 70K.

Escalades have exceeded 100K. 2020 Tahoe, Yukon and Suburban will likely be in the 80's

When is enough enough?

GM will have to take a hard look at their 20% profit margins on their trucks if RAM continues to eat their market share, as it has this Q1. Either match the tech for a small MSRP jump or let RAM keep undercutting you with better pricing for better tech. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

It's getting there, just ordered a 2020 AT4, so we'll see what it includes, no word yet on the size of the screen but it's not listed on the dealerships sheet i work for, so i'll expect the same as the 19 but be shocked if i get anything bigger :)

There's a possibility that GM is using a Silverado/Sierra as a mule test truck for the 2021 Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon.   I would think that for 2021 a refresh would not be probable due to the high expense of switching over assembly lines, managing overseas suppliers, new tooling etc.   If anything I would imagine only cosmetic changes, info screen, maybe head lights or something similar to the 2015-2016 refresh.

On 8/6/2019 at 6:03 PM, Chris Ocean said:

It's getting there, just ordered a 2020 AT4, so we'll see what it includes, no word yet on the size of the screen but it's not listed on the dealerships sheet i work for, so i'll expect the same as the 19 but be shocked if i get anything bigger :)

It's sad that guys are basing their truck purchase on the size of the screen.

I mean really sad. What's wrong with you guys?

You should just get a stupid Dodge then.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2