Rear Stake Hole Covers

I don't have them, but I think they'll stay put. There's probably a slight interference fit when they're in the pockets, and to have them fly out, an upward force greater than the frictional force holding them in place would be needed.

The stake pockets have little holes for water drainage, but you're not going to get a massive updraft of air through it. It's a horizontal surface at the bottom of the pocket. Most of the airflow will be along the surface and not perpendicular to it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

I have a set. They stay in fine. The Ones I got have little felt strips on the corners of the part that inserts, so they wedge in pretty tightly. I have no tonneau right now either so they’d be free to fly if they were gonna and I do a lot of highway miles.

My problem was I got them before I realized those were hand grabs to use with the bumper steps. Haha

To get them out actually takes a second since you have to pry them up. But it’s not that hard and I just throw them in the underseat bin when they’re off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Buy the SCHILDMEIER ones NOT the cheap knockoff ones of them. Fit finish is much more better.

I will say I had to take them out to install my tonneau cover. Tried prying one from the top wasn’t happening without leaving marks in the plastic. So I ended up using a curved screw driver and “popping them out” from the bottom. My recommendation is don’t install them till your ready to install them once and be done.

I have them in my 015 tested to 100mph multiple times on a closed course by a professional driver in Mexico...

https://railcaps.com/

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_dp_s_web_0?ie=UTF8&search-alias=aps&field-keywords=ES+ENGINEERED+BY+SCHILDMEIER

6 hours ago, mcdavis said:

Anybody know of covers for the front holes? Bought my truck with a tool box on it. When I removed it, one front cover has been cut out (poorly) and the other has a screw hole in it from the tool box.

Ran a quick Google for them, there are some on Amazon for Ram, but I'm sure that if you dig, you can find them for Sierra.

If they are poorly cut too small, you'll have to clean them up before installing the caps.  Or get new rail covers off of CraigsList or Amazon or wherever. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Ran a quick Google for them, there are some on Amazon for Ram, but I'm sure that if you dig, you can find them for Sierra.

If they are poorly cut too small, you'll have to clean them up before installing the caps.  Or get new rail covers off of CraigsList or Amazon or wherever. 

Yeah, I saw some too but they didn't look as good to me as the rears. I might live with it until I line the bed, and replace them then. And yeah, the one is cut too small, so clean up will be easy. Probably use some sand paper. Might as well clean it up since you can see it.

Edited by mcdavis

2 minutes ago, mcdavis said:

Yeah, I saw some too but the didn't look as good to me as the rears. I might live with it until I line the bed, and replace them then. And yeah, the one is cut too small, so clean up will be easy. Probably use some sand paper. Might as well clean it up since you can see it.

I used a utility knife on my previous truck, after I used a drill and hand router to remove them, up to the "inner edge," where it got thin.