Annoying Electronics Gremlins - Anyone Else???

I've had my AT4 for about 3.5 months and approaching 5,000 miles.  The truck is experiencing randomly occurring electronics gremlins.  There does not appear to be any triggering events just "changes" to settings all on it's own.  I guarantee I'm NOT accidentally initiating these changes to settings, rather, they are truly random occurrences.  I will also state NOTHING has been done to the vehicle that might cause some issues like disconnecting the battery or doing ANY work on the truck.  Some examples of things happening at maybe about 500 - 750 mile intervals.  Note I am the only one who has driven the truck.  No one else is making setting changes.  No one else even has keys to the truck.

-  The auto lock feature switched from on to off on it's own.  One day walking away from truck there was no horn chirp or light flash indicating the truck locked automatically as it should and has been.  I look in the settings menu and it's turned off.  I DID NOT turn it off and it had been working fine for a couple thousand miles.

-  About 500 - 750 miles later the "ALL DOOR" unlock feature turned itself whereas only the drivers door would unlock when pushing the little silver unlock button on the door handle.  Had been working fine.  Again looked in settings and it had reverted to "DRIVERS DOOR ONLY" from "ALL DOORS".  Set it back to "ALL DOORS" and all is well.

-  The DIC shows a "SERVICE ESC" system warning which also disables cruise control.  After a couple stop/start cycles it clears itself and all is well including cruise once again functioning.  It reverted to working before I could pull the codes to see if there were any.  It might have a hard code stored but I doubt it.

-  My preset Sirius Station buttons no longer had the preset Sirius stations available, they just disappeared.  Went back into Sirius and reset the preset buttons to the Sirius stations I listen to and they've been OK since.  Sort of interesting as my preset FM stations were retained.

-  AGAIN the auto lock feature switched from on to off on it's own.  Again walking away from truck there was no horn chirp or light flash indicating the truck locked automatically as it should and has been.  I look in the settings menu and it's turned off.  I DID NOT turn it off and it is now working again.

-  Again the DIC shows a "SERVICE ESC" system warning which also disables cruise control.  After a couple stop/start cycles it clears itself and all is well including cruise once again functioning.  It again reverted to working before I could pull the codes to see if there were any.  It might have a hard code stored but I still doubt it.

-  Again about 500 - 750 miles later the "ALL DOOR" unlock feature turned itself whereas only the drivers door would unlock when pushing the little silver unlock button on the door handle.  Had been working fine.  Again looked in settings and it had reverted to "DRIVERS DOOR ONLY" from "ALL DOORS".  Set it back to "ALL DOORS" and working as it should again.

Pretty random gremlins with no rhyme or reason.  Anybody else have any strange gremlin like stuff going on?  Annoying, especially the auto lock as I no longer trust the truck to auto lock worried I might be preoccupied and not paying attention to hearing the horn chirp and honk indicating it locked.

Rick

Edited by rikhek

I've had my AT4 for about 3.5 months and approaching 5,000 miles.  The truck is experiencing randomly occurring electronics gremlins.  There does not appear to be any triggering events just "changes" to settings all on it's own.  I guarantee I'm NOT accidentally initiating these changes to settings, rather, they are truly random occurrences.  I will also state NOTHING has been done to the vehicle that might cause some issues like disconnecting the battery or doing ANY work on the truck.  Some examples of things happening at maybe about 500 - 750 mile intervals.  Note I am the only one who has driven the truck.  No one else is making setting changes.  No one else even has keys to the truck.

-  The auto lock feature switched from on to off on it's own.  One day walking away from truck there was no horn chirp or light flash indicating the truck locked automatically as it should and has been.  I look in the settings menu and it's turned off.  I DID NOT turn it off and it had been working fine for a couple thousand miles.

-  About 500 - 750 miles later the "ALL DOOR" unlock feature turned itself whereas only the drivers door would unlock when pushing the little silver unlock button on the door handle.  Had been working fine.  Again looked in settings and it had reverted to "DRIVERS DOOR ONLY" from "ALL DOORS".  Set it back to "ALL DOORS" and all is well.

-  The DIC shows a "SERVICE ESC" system warning which also disables cruise control.  After a couple stop/start cycles it clears itself and all is well including cruise once again functioning.  It reverted to working before I could pull the codes to see if there were any.  It might have a hard code stored but I doubt it.

-  My preset Sirius Station buttons no longer had the preset Sirius stations available, they just disappeared.  Went back into Sirius and reset the preset buttons to the Sirius stations I listen to and they've been OK since.  Sort of interesting as my preset FM stations were retained.

-  AGAIN the auto lock feature switched from on to off on it's own.  Again walking away from truck there was no horn chirp or light flash indicating the truck locked automatically as it should and has been.  I look in the settings menu and it's turned off.  I DID NOT turn it off and it is now working again.

-  Again the DIC shows a "SERVICE ESC" system warning which also disables cruise control.  After a couple stop/start cycles it clears itself and all is well including cruise once again functioning.  It again reverted to working before I could pull the codes to see if there were any.  It might have a hard code stored but I still doubt it.

-  Again about 500 - 750 miles later the "ALL DOOR" unlock feature turned itself whereas only the drivers door would unlock when pushing the little silver unlock button on the door handle.  Had been working fine.  Again looked in settings and it had reverted to "DRIVERS DOOR ONLY" from "ALL DOORS".  Set it back to "ALL DOORS" and working as it should again.

Pretty random gremlins with no rhyme or reason.  Anybody else have any strange gremlin like stuff going on?  Annoying, especially the auto lock as I no longer trust the truck to auto lock worried I might be preoccupied and not paying attention to hearing the horn chirp and honk indicating it locked.

Rick
I'm having the exact same "gremlins" in my AT4 but I am also experiencing my camera angles change randomly when reversing. I like the 360 view and trailer guideline reverse but sometimes she just wants to show me wide angle reverse

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Interesting, very interesting.  Really interesting as you state you're having the "exact" same gremlins.  I'm guessing you're talking about the auto door lock issue and all door unlock?  What about Service ECS and the Sirius issues?  Are you having other setting changes?

I would think it's not specific to the AT4 as the "electronics" are all the same across the model line, for the most part.  I'm not having camera issues as I only have a single camera, the back up camera.  

Had the service ESC once. None of the others. It sounds like you or the truck was changing driver profiles back and forth...because most, if not all of those settings change with the driver. Did you use the other key for any of these “experiences?”

Had the service ESC once. None of the others. It sounds like you or the truck was changing driver profiles back and forth...because most, if not all of those settings change with the driver. Did you use the other key for any of these “experiences?”
@rikhek I've had the ESC countless times, more than 20 in the 2 months I've owned her. I've only had the Sirius channels lost once. The auto lock has changed on me twice but changed back on its own. I only noticed bc my truck was unlocked (previously set to flash only, no horn chirp, I have since changed that). The backup cam changing is the most annoying.
@onthereel I do use both keys, but both keys are set to my profile, it always tells me when I use the 2nd key that I'm on "Dustin's profile" and if I want to change it, I need to do so in settings

7 minutes ago, destrada127 said:

@rikhek I've had the ESC countless times, more than 20 in the 2 months I've owned her. I've only had the Sirius channels lost once. The auto lock has changed on me twice but changed back on its own. I only noticed bc my truck was unlocked (previously set to flash only, no horn chirp, I have since changed that). The backup cam changing is the most annoying.
@onthereel I do use both keys, but both keys are set to my profile, it always tells me when I use the 2nd key that I'm on "Dustin's profile" and if I want to change it, I need to do so in settings

Yeah, I have the backup cam changing, losing the birds eye view often. Usually more likely to happen if you take off right away without letting everything boot, but I’ve had it happen a few times after driving the truck 30 minutes or more so there goes that...

A couple of days ago, i changed the radio channel using the steering wheel control. At the time, I was listening to satellite. The channel wouldn't change and I got a message in the DIC that said my subscription had expired. It hasn't and if I pressed the button on the radio, the channel changed as normal. The next time I started the truck, it was fine and has been since. I'm hoping it was just a one time glitch but not too optimistic about it. 

I had to set mine to not beep the horn on passive unlock 2 times to get it to stick. This morning going down the road it told me that park assist was disabled, but it still worked. 

Its all Android based - I’m not expecting great stability for a bit. 

I had a new one pop up yesterday. When I went to change the fan control, the climate screen popped up but the temp read 0 degrees and the bar that changes when you turn the fan knob did nothing. The actual controls worked though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

I've never used the "other" key since the day I took delivery.  Also, the settings I'm having issues with are not personal profile settings but rather vehicle settings..  None of the settings I'm having issues with are fob specific/settings such as seat position.

This morning my entire DIC and radio went haywire. The DIC was flickering and I was stopped with Autostop engaged and the DIC was glitching between 0 and 5 mph even though engine was stopped. Also radio display was bouncing back and forth between SiriusXM stations without me touching anything. Glad this is just a loaner vehicle.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I’m spitballing here, so take this with a 50lb bag of salt...

K2xx trucks had similarly odd electrical/computer problems that were often traced back to a bad wiring harness ground connection (the ground wire was insulated from contact by some sound deadening material if I’m remembering correctly).

Might be something to consider...

M

• Like 1

Is it possible that a software update would revert the settings back to a default format?

Haven't had any of those issues. I did have to save my memory seat settings again after picking it up from the dealer once (mine and my wife's were gone...pushed the button and nothing). I know they did some recall software updates while I was there so I figured maybe that is what caused it.