What Exactly Does Sport Mode Do?

1 hour ago, Belo said:

... We bitch a lot and don't praise some of the nice adds....

I almost posted a new thread to bring up this point.

This is my first GM truck after a lot of going back between it, the Tundra and the F150. While doing my research, I’ve lurked on all forums and read as much as I could in hope to make the best decision on my first brand new truck.  I gotta say, I felt like this place have the most bitching and moaning about their trucks compared to the other forums, on top of that you also have people from the previous gen of the same truck come in talking shit to the owners of the new gen.  I’m glad somebody else sees it and just not me.

Apologies for going off topic, haven't tried the sport mode yet so Im going to give it a spin at lunch today and see what the raves are about.

Edited by ChinkySuperman

31 minutes ago, ChinkySuperman said:

I almost posted a new thread to bring up this point.

This is my first GM truck after a lot of going back between it, the Tundra and the F150. While doing my research, I’ve lurked on all forums and read as much as I could in hope to make the best decision on my first brand new truck.  I gotta say, I felt like this place have the most bitching and moaning about their trucks compared to the other forums, on top of that you also have people from the previous gen of the same truck come in talking shit to the owners of the new gen.  I’m glad somebody else sees it and just not me.

Apologies for going off topic, haven't tried the sport mode yet so Im going to give it a spin at lunch today and see what the raves are about.

at first i was going to say it's common for people to bitch more than compliment, but then you referenced other forums where this wasn't as much of the case. I don't know about the other trucks, but I know this isn't a refresh, but a redesign and so the change is somewhat drastic. maybe that's it? Why others would come in to bash a truck they don't own is also beyond me.

I'll say this though. As a previous 16 LT Z71 owner, that truck was tits. Sure there are some real nice adds on my 19 like push button start and unlock, heated steering wheel, sport mode and a much peppier 1st gear, but it doesn't seem to have that same "this has it all and nothing extra" feel my 16 had. It's hard for some of us to put our finger on it I think so we nit pick things. Now I upgraded a little with an RST, factory running boards and a safety package this year and also went crew over dbl, but I'm paying over $100 a month more and I just don't know if it feels like $100 a month more.

Edited by Belo

I'm pretty sure the folks at GM and other auto manufacturers read these blogs -- so I think it's important that they document both what their customers are happy with, and unhappy with.

Because maybe they thought they could save a few pennies by omitting the glasses holder and adjustable shoulder for the seatbelt, and that no one would really notice.  Yet, there are people like me who didn't even think to check for these things I assumed would just be there when I went from a 2017 to a 2019, and I'm fairly unhappy about finding them gone.  I like my '19 over the '17 better in almost every way, it's a great truck, but for a vehicle I spend over 2 to 3 hours a day in, the little things in the interior matter to me. 

When I buy a new truck in 2 or 3 years, as I usually do, I will at least go look at Ford and Ram instead of just automatically getting another GM over these little issues.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChinkySuperman said:

I gotta say, I felt like this place have the most bitching and moaning about their trucks compared to the other forums, on top of that you also have people from the previous gen of the same truck come in talking shit to the owners of the new gen.

Hey, Chevy says they make the most "dependable, longest lasting full-sized trucks"... so the owners are die-hards. 

2 hours ago, Belo said:

at first i was going to say it's common for people to bitch more than compliment, but then you referenced other forums where this wasn't as much of the case. I don't know about the other trucks, but I know this isn't a refresh, but a redesign and so the change is somewhat drastic. maybe that's it?

I think this, compared to what I just wrote above, is a major reason. This was the biggest redesign for GM in well over 10-12 years. The F-150 hasn't been overhauled like this for a similar amount of time, and maybe since 2005 when they first re-designed the frame in a big way. Ford used the P2 platform forever, and today's P552 is just some aluminum changes, not a major overhaul like the T1 was for GM. 

2 hours ago, scdaren said:

When I buy a new truck in 2 or 3 years, as I usually do, I will at least go look at Ford and Ram instead of just automatically getting another GM over these little issues.

As you should. As we ALL should. 

When I started looking to upgrade from my 2007 1500 CC, I looked hard at the F-150. The price of the trim level I wanted was just not justifiable vs. the RST I bought. Also, once I got up close with a new T1, I was sold. It's an excellent truck platform that GM will continue to be able to improve in the years ahead... even though I think the current variant is excellent.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2019 at 12:01 PM, scdaren said:

I'm pretty sure the folks at GM and other auto manufacturers read these blogs -- so I think it's important that they document both what their customers are happy with, and unhappy with.

Because maybe they thought they could save a few pennies by omitting the glasses holder and adjustable shoulder for the seatbelt, and that no one would really notice.  Yet, there are people like me who didn't even think to check for these things I assumed would just be there when I went from a 2017 to a 2019, and I'm fairly unhappy about finding them gone.  I like my '19 over the '17 better in almost every way, it's a great truck, but for a vehicle I spend over 2 to 3 hours a day in, the little things in the interior matter to me. 

I have owned 3 silverados in a row and never even thought about another brand, but i too might take a look at some other trucks when my lease is up.

I'll say this though, at least chevy didn't try to sell us a turbo 6 like ford did. sunglass holder? that's nothing compared to the shit show that must have created 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
27 minutes ago, dane0254 said:

Is the sport mode available on all trim levels? I ordered a 2020 LT Trailboss and I am just wondering. Thanks

You should have it on that LT Trail Boss.

I have a regular LT, and its got it too.

Edit * I should add, my LT also has the Z71 package too. 

Just not sure about ALL Trims. 

Edited by MacLaren

LT trail boss will have it

Z71 has nothing to do sport mode

I believe some models have 4 modes as well, trailer, normal, sport and offroad (maybe), someone else probably knows

I used it more when truck was new, but since haven't used it as much....just lazy I guess or don't care much, lol

Edited by Dunn

1 hour ago, Dunn said:

I believe some models have 4 modes as well, trailer, normal, sport and offroad (maybe), someone else probably knows

I used it more when truck was new, but since haven't used it as much....just lazy I guess or don't care much, lol

I never said Z71 had anything to do with it. 

Just letting him know what I had.

Heck, some trucks now from what I understand ( Silverado/Sierra )come without 4 LOW

Edited by MacLaren

18 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

I never said Z71 had anything to do with it. 

Just letting him know what I had.

Heck, some trucks now from what I understand ( Silverado/Sierra )come without 4 LOW

My bad, thought that what you meant

• Like 1

I have a high country and have 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk