2019 Custom TrailBoss OR 2019 LTZ Z71??

2019 Custom TrailBoss OR 2019 LTZ Z71??  From what I've learned SO FAR....

There is a LT Trail Boss and a Custom Trail Boss - I like the "looks" of the front of the custom trail boss and the looks all around.

BUT... I REALLY want the 6.2L engine.  Cannot get that in a trail boss!  Of course you can't!  ughhh....  

So... What about just a Silverado LTZ Z71 and then just do a 2" level and I have essentially the Trail Boss but with a 6.2L

Your thoughts, experience and advice are welcome! 

If you wait a 3 months or so, the 2020 Custom (and LT) Trail Boss models have 6.2 availability. 

Otherwise the two trucks you’re comparing are about as different as can be. Custom has halogen lights, the work truck interior with limited storage and plain jane type finishes. Great if you want something simple, but if you’re coming from an LT trim or up in the previous generations, the Custom is a downgrade in certain areas. 

I wouldn’t get too hung up on outward appearances as it would be a lot easier to lift and dress up an LTZ to look how you like it, rather than try to add interior features to the Custom after the fact. 

I have a custom TB. I mainly bought it because its still has the 6 speed. I'm driving a service loaner right now, z71 with the 8 speed. Even with 6k miles on it the trans sucks. I don't understand how anyone is okay with how it performs. Granted it may get better mileage, but ill take the 6 speed all day of this 8 speed confused junk. 

• Thanks 1

I think the LTZ looks better myself and would go with that. Like said, the Custom is a downgrade and wouldn't go that route. Even if you were to wait for the '20, there won't be the big incentives and discounts as offered now. 

8 hours ago, MRob said:

2019 Custom TrailBoss OR 2019 LTZ Z71??  From what I've learned SO FAR....

There is a LT Trail Boss and a Custom Trail Boss - I like the "looks" of the front of the custom trail boss and the looks all around.

BUT... I REALLY want the 6.2L engine.  Cannot get that in a trail boss!  Of course you can't!  ughhh....  

So... What about just a Silverado LTZ Z71 and then just do a 2" level and I have essentially the Trail Boss but with a 6.2L

Your thoughts, experience and advice are welcome! 

Wow!  Ok, so yea... I'm currently in the LT Texas edition Full leather, full console etc, so the Custom TB will NOT be an option for me.

I'm not in a rush, so I think I will wait for the 2020s to hit in a few months and then look for incentives.

2020 LT TB looks like what I'm after!   

I also noticed that the LTZ doesn't have the duel exhaust either. That would put me into an LTZ with having to do the following.

• 2" level/lift
  • Dual Exhaust
  • Black tubular Side steps
  • Possibly the rugged tires

That's into around 4K or maybe a bit less.   I'll just wait for the LT TB and get it ALL together, designed and manufactured that way!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, MRob said:

Wow!  Ok, so yea... I'm currently in the LT Texas edition Full leather, full console etc, so the Custom TB will NOT be an option for me.

I'm not in a rush, so I think I will wait for the 2020s to hit in a few months and then look for incentives.

2020 LT TB looks like what I'm after!   

I also noticed that the LTZ doesn't have the duel exhaust either. That would put me into an LTZ with having to do the following.

• 2" level/lift
  • Dual Exhaust
  • Black tubular Side steps
  • Possibly the rugged tires

That's into around 4K or maybe a bit less.   I'll just wait for the LT TB and get it ALL together, designed and manufactured that way!

Waiting is your best bet, but you probably won’t see many incentives until this time next year. GM really held the line on these trucks until the last few months. If there’s a lot of 19s left at the end of the year, you still may be ahead getting a heavily discounted 19 LTZ.

Also should note that the LTZ does have factory dual exhaust with either the 6.2 or Z71 package (or both if so equipped). 

44 minutes ago, OnTheReel said:

Also should note that the LTZ does have factory dual exhaust with either the 6.2 or Z71 package (or both if so equipped). 

Ahhhhh.... VERY good to know!   Oct/Nov = 2019 LTZ all black - level/side rails & done!

2 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

So can someone confirm , does the LT TB get the 6.2 option or is only the Custom getting the 6.2 ?

Both the Custom and LT Trailboss and additionally the RST will have the option to have the 6.2 for 2020

On 5/23/2019 at 7:55 AM, ct_corey said:

I have a custom TB. I mainly bought it because its still has the 6 speed. I'm driving a service loaner right now, z71 with the 8 speed. Even with 6k miles on it the trans sucks. I don't understand how anyone is okay with how it performs. Granted it may get better mileage, but ill take the 6 speed all day of this 8 speed confused junk. 

Custom TB Z71 Here totally agree,had a 13 Sierra put 66,000 on it,but not 1 problem.Happy with the 6

Ok.... FLIP!  WHOLE new change of plans here!   I have found the GMC AT4!  HOLY PERFECTION for what I'm looking for!

6.2L V8, 10sp mission, CatBack Exhaust, 2" factory lift, Performance Package, 18" wheels with the DuraTrac Tires,  FULLY loaded interior, bad ass bed liner.   The ONLY thing I would have to do to it is switch out the side steps to the "off road" side steps.  Although, I wouldn't "have" to as the performance side steps are nice! 

Now THAT is a truck!  WOW!  

• Like 1