Disable active noise cancellation AT4

I had my sub and amp installed last week and the shop unplugged both microphones in the headliner, I went back as soon as I noticed hands free wasn’t working anymore and had him reconnect the one above drivers seat. Seemed to work again but now it’s cutting in and out and people can’t hear me on my phone. 

Anybody know now what needs to be done differently maybe to disable the active noise cancellation of the Bose setup?

That sucks, I'd put it on the installer to make it right no matter the effort/cost.  A reputable shop should have no issue fixing something they broke.  Shops like Best Buy or Car Toys, probably won't help much.

Bose Audiopilot isn't active noise cancelling. It compensates the volume of the stereo for ambient noise. Active noise cancelling sends an inverse sound wave through the speakers to literally kill whatever sound it is masking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone else not able to get into “driver preferences” on the website? It’s greyed out, and I’ve now spoken to two different customer service reps that say I can only adjust vehicle preferences from inside the vehicle. 2019 AT4 

Edited by Schmoe

• 8 months later...

Unless the GM schematics I have are wrong the 2019's and up do not have ANC. For some reason, GM stopped equipping the trucks with that feature. I know because I build audio wiring harnesses for these trucks and have all the schematics from 2007-2020. The X3 connector at the Bose amp contained all the microphone wires and on these newer ones there is only 1 wire going into it for data transfer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JH1973 said:

Unless the GM schematics I have are wrong the 2019's and up do not have ANC. For some reason, GM stopped equipping the trucks with that feature. I know because I build audio wiring harnesses for these trucks and have all the schematics from 2007-2020. The X3 connector at the Bose amp contained all the microphone wires and on these newer ones there is only 1 wire going into it for data transfer.

I to thought it was no longer used in the new trucks.