Will never buy a Chevy product again! We have a 2007 Chevy truck that is outstanding in every way. We have a 2016 Chevy Silverado that we keep spotless. We have spent around $2,000 trying to eradicate mice in the cab of our truck! Yes, we have done Irish Spring soap, mothballs, cling free sheets, sticky traps etc. Karl Tyler in Missoula has a fix. We will see if it works. It’s been a little over a week and, so far, so good. I’m curious if anyone knows of a class action suit against Chevy for this problem. Not only are the mice destructive, but they are a health issue. In Washington and California mice are once again carrying disease from the filth of homeless aka druggie communities. These rodents most commonly enter the truck through the air filter behind the glove box. I also own a Escalade, a Chrysler Sebring and the 2007 Chevy. No problem with any of those vehicles. Chevy should be forced to fix this problem!

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, davester said:

Really?  You want to sue GM because you can't keep mice out of your truck?

Bro, they’re OEM mice.  I’ve got two, one from sales and one from service.  They have little name tags. Keep trying to sell me an extended warranty. Well, they were... this month they’re on a European vacation, in my Mini.

EDIT

- mine aren’t homeless, druggie mice. But, they are bigoted A-holes? 

some problems, even Chevrolet can’t fix.

Edited by Darksky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I had trouble with them getting in my 2007, nothing will quite cause a scene driving down the highway like a mouse running across the floorboard. 

They made nests in my glove box, under the rear seat, etc. had babies in there too. 

Never could figure out how they were getting in. I resorted to lots of poison around the house.

You have to find the access point. 

Cover it with 1/4 inch square wire mesh.

Had the same problem with my 93 Silvy when at our mountain cabin.

Never leave any food in the cab.

Fixed my 93.

:)

23 hours ago, BlancoSilverado said:

This has to be a joke. No one can be this stupid. Right?

Yes, they can be this stupid.  And what's really bad is that they also reproduce and vote. 

$2000 spent on soap, sticky traps, bounce sheets, and mothballs?  I wonder if there's a class action suit against the makers of those items since they didn't cure your mouse problem.

I get these little gnats in my truck all the time...very annoying little bastards.

When I park at work on day shift, I leave my windows slightly cracked open to help keep heat from building up in the truck, but rain gets in when it rains.

If I park under an oak tree in the yard, birds crap on my truck and acorns fall from the tree and hit my truck.  My neighbor's cat climbs on my truck sometimes.

Around April/May and Sept/October every year, I get lovebugs splattered all over the front end of my truck.

I think I'll file a class action lawsuit against GM since they should be able to prevent all of this from happening.:banghead::confused::sigh:

Edited by dsr611

The OP is on to something I think. We have a 2006 and 2007 chevys and never had a problem with rodents. Every winter since I bought my 2015 squirrels have been trying to nest in the engine compartment. GM must have installed some sort of Pied Piper software in their new trucks to force us to by new ones..... Or maybe it’s automotive espionage and Ford and Ram are trying to get rid of GM. We have the stories that GM is down to 3rd in sales.... We all better put out armadillo hats on we are on to something here...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haven't seen mice in our half tons, but both my dad's 2016 and my 2018 2500 have had mice get in through the cabin air filter. You need to pull the wiper cowl off and pry open the siliconed lid that's above the cabin air filter. Once you get that lid off, you'll see its wide open to the cabin air filter. We both found some wire mesh and siliconed it to the opening. Sealed everything back up and haven't had an issue since thankfully.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 9 months later...