Stock Goodyear Tire issues?

You know what, looking closely at the pictures, I realized they are slit marks, NOT crack marks. My old Wrangler SR-A had chapped and crack marks, but this...

You sure you get along with your neighbors? Co-workers?

• Haha 1

Read my post. I know it sounds crazy but I see this scenario alot.

The only place the truck has been since I got it is the highway (driving back from Detroit) my garage and work. I haven’t had any dogs chasing me and where I park at work you can’t really get to the pass side of the truck as I am parked next to a guard rail/building

Ryan B.

That's an odd one, I took the SR-A's off my 2016 the week I bought it for Cooper Discoverers so I can't say but, the reviews I read at the time made them out to be total junk...

any chemicals or dressing that might have reacted poorly in heat and sun?

Just Adams tire armor. Used this on my last truck current Camaro and wife’s van with no issues

Ryan B.

Highly Recommend Michelin LTX to replace any OEM tires. Mine get replaced the day or week of purchase. Cars the same too. Life is to short and Too nice a truck to ride around on Such. LTX will ride better, handle better and do better in wet weather,  then the OEMS. 

• Like 2

OK, 

At one point in time the truck was driven and it rub against a curb. Nothing decently hard. The Wranglers are cheap tires. I work for Americas tires and i highly recommend never buying GoodYear tires. I see too many problems with those tires.

As long as you do not see the Nylon(or Kelvar) cords through the cracks then the tire is still derivable. When you do get down to 4/32" on the tread i would recommend getting a different brand. 

I will most likely be going to BFG KO2s as I have had these on my previous trucks. Might be sooner than I planned

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, Stex said:

Highly Recommend Michelin LTX to replace any OEM tires. Mine get replaced the day or week of purchase. Cars the same too. Life is to short and Too nice a truck to ride around on Such. LTX will ride better, handle better and do better in wet weather,  then the OEMS. 

+1 Michelin’s ride great. Threw some on my 2012 LTZ CC & it rode like a dream. Had to warranty out 2 of the tires on my 2016 SLT due to slipped belts from sitting on dealer’s blacktop for months. They were the stock 20" Goodyear Wranglers. Not too noisy for being more of an off-road tire but I should have just bitten the bullet and bought all new LTXs.

Have the Bridgestone Alenzas on my new Denali and no complaints yet....probably not as good a ride as the LTXs but better than any Goodyear. Michelin are tough to beat IMO.

Edited by Wheelguy

What about Toyo?

I know the Toyos that came on my wife's 2011 Highlander were so, so, very good..

I cant recall if they were Open Country or not, but they were just too expensive to go with again as much as I hated not too. The Michelin set I replaced them with were great! But, honestly not as good as those Toyos. The Michelins did last longer though.  I totally agree that its darn rootin tootin hard to beat a Michelin, but I wander about the nice Toyos too. 

42 minutes ago, MacLaren said:

What about Toyo?

I know the Toyos that came on my wife's 2011 Highlander were so, so, very good..

I cant recall if they were Open Country or not, but they were just too expensive to go with again as much as I hated not too. The Michelin set I replaced them with were great! But, honestly not as good as those Toyos. The Michelins did last longer though.  I totally agree that its darn rootin tootin hard to beat a Michelin, but I wander about the nice Toyos too. 

Never owned any but glad to hear you were pleased with them.

IMO preference will boil down to what all one does with their vehicle and past brand experience. I rarely use my trucks for more than daily transportation and trailering my bass boat. People that go off-road probably have different brands they prefer.

I’m no expert on tires and not willing to part with $800 - $1k very easily on an experiment with a different tire brand. That’s just me though.

I had Duratracs on my offload jeep and Never Again. Soft sidewalls take a beating. When mine wear out, BFG KO2's are going on.

Those tires have been bulletproof for me in the past. Only reason I have them on my AT4 is because I wanted the Off Road Perf Pkg.

7 hours ago, Wheelguy said:

IMO preference will boil down to what all one does with their vehicle and past brand experience.

^^ Very much this.  On my old Sierra I ran Hankook Ventus RH06 in the summer.  Pretty amazing grip, but terrible mileage and not a tire for winter here.  I'll probably switch to those again once I wear out these Alenzas.  Making a heavy truck handle better is just gonna eat tires no matter what.