Stock Goodyear Tire issues?

I run Hankook Dynapro ATM ( I think?) on my 07 Classic, and they have been great tires.

To be honest, these Goodyear Wranglers on my 19 seem pretty darn good. But, I am a little excited about the thoughts of a new set of Michelin LTX and Bilstein shocks :)

22 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

Just Adams tire armor. Used this on my last truck current Camaro and wife’s van with no issues

Ryan B.

i agree that it shouldn't be an issue, but it's something to consider as rubbers change. We had a squirrel get into the engine bay of my wife's 15 explorer, despite it being daily driven. It made a nest and stored nuts in there. We only caught it because the rear wiper fluid wasn't working and found it chewed through the tube, which is probably one of the better things it could have eaten. Anyhow, did some research and found a lot of rubbers are being made with organic and natural oils that can be appealing to rodents.

point of the story is that it's possible the chemistry of these tires are not reacting well with the dressing. Again, unlikely, but can't be ruled out as chemistry changes. For what it's worth, i've put mckees tire gel on mine and no issues yet.

It appears as though something rubbed on the first 2 photos,  if you look closely you can see minor abrasions [emoji852]

What makes no sense is I haven’t rubbed the tires on anything and more slits have appeared over multiple days. That would mean I had to keep rubbing them on something.

Ryan B.

We always mock the heavy duty guys around here that want KO2's then bitch when they get blown away in 25-30k miles because they tow things. Plus the amount of tires sent back for adjustments because of road force issues is always high on a larger tires. They sure are an ugly tire too but that's personal preference, the tread pattern is just meh.

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

Dealer is going to investigate Monday. Was hoping to get about two years out of these before upgrading.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

What did your dealer say?

On 7/24/2019 at 9:21 PM, RyanbabZ71 said:

What makes no sense is I haven’t rubbed the tires on anything and more slits have appeared over multiple days. That would mean I had to keep rubbing them on something.

Ryan B.

So what was the outcome of your tires?

On 7/21/2019 at 11:58 AM, Wiggums said:

You know what, looking closely at the pictures, I realized they are slit marks, NOT crack marks. My old Wrangler SR-A had chapped and crack marks, but this...

You sure you get along with your neighbors? Co-workers?

+1