Picked up '20 Denali 2500HD-Review

So Tuesday I took possession of my long-awaited order. '20 Sierra Denali Ultimate HD Duramax

1. Completely different truck from the ground up!

2. Ride and noise reduction quality even better, if you can imagine

3. Seats and field of view is like riding in a panorama, just amazing

4. Rear view mirror camera is insane, you don't even need side view mirrors

5. Allison 10 speed is learning and almost done with the hard shifts, but the power band is in it's sweet spot for every upshift.  Extremely smooth and actually fast

6. Cab is more spacious and finally, rear HVAC vents are back

7. Tow mirrors are really big, harder to get used to, the power extend function is awesome

8. Satisfied!

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Shawn T said:

So Tuesday I took possession of my long-awaited order. '20 Sierra Denali Ultimate HD Duramax

5. Allison 10 speed is learning and almost done with the hard shifts, but the power band is in it's sweet spot for every upshift.  Extremely smooth and actually fast

7. Tow mirrors are really big, harder to get used to, the power extend function is awesome

8. Satisfied!

Hmm, I updated my profile, but old pic an info are still there?

have you noticed any shimmy in the steering wheel ,i have a 2020 high country thats 2 weeks old ,i thought it was the good years so i put new michelins on it and it still has a shimmy in the steering 

1 hour ago, foot 1 said:

have you noticed any shimmy in the steering wheel ,i have a 2020 high country thats 2 weeks old ,i thought it was the good years so i put new michelins on it and it still has a shimmy in the steering 

I have not, in fact it's the smoothest driving truck I have driven.  I thought my 15 was smooth, nothing compares to the 20.

1 hour ago, foot 1 said:

I have a 2020 AT4 with about 2500 miles and I experience the same shimmy you're describing from time to time...

2 hours ago, foot 1 said:

2020 Denali, 3400 miles and no shimmy

You need to bring that shimmy issue to the dealer, it is covered under warranty so why would you want to take on the responsibility and expense of guessing what is the cause?

Congratulations on the new machine. It looks like a jewel. It’s also good to see a local kid do well. I’ll keep an eye out for you in the new truck. Maybe we will see each other at a stoplight. I had dinner at the new steakhouse on the HARP just the other night.

-Dark.

3 hours ago, bharris515 said:

I have a 2020 AT4 with about 2500 miles and I experience the same shimmy you're describing from time to time...

Mine has about 300 miles, and once in a while it has the shimmy, then it's gone. The truck itself doesn't shake, just the steering wheel slightly moving when not holding it. It's not very consistent, and I wondered if it was the tires also, but guess not. I'm going to see what happens, but do tell the dealer so they are aware if others have same concern.

4 hours ago, Shawn T said:

8. Satisfied!

Good review! I feel same as far as the truck, but I have the new 6.6L gas engine. I also like how the new tow mirrors eliminate that blind spot from before.

my 2020 Ltz has maybe the same shimmy. i only have 400 miles on it though.  it's kinda strange and i don't think it is tire related. it is very faint and not always there, it seems to be very sensitive to different types of pavement. i can't feel it in the steering wheel and i only noticed it when i took my hands off of the wheel. it seems like a fast, very faint shimmy that you really can't feel in the ride at all.  i can feel it sometimes at 55 mph or higher but it doesn't come and go with different speeds like a tire balance issue. i clicked the cruise up to 70,   1  mph at a time and back down the same way and it didn't change. i switched lanes and it seem to change a little, i'am wondering if isn't something to do with the NV8 steering in the ltz ,hc, at-4 and denalis.  the truck is as smooth as glass , way better than my '18 2500HD i traded. i am gonna give it some time and monitor it for a while and then may bring it in.

on another note

after a few days i started notice a light vibrating noise when cold that sounded alot like a heat shield coming from the under carnage,  i had time to get it in the shop yesterday and get it on a lift and found a small heat shield on the bank 2 front cat that may have moved from heat, slightly vibrating against  the top front radius on the cat, i moved the shield a little and that's all good.   

i have had gm 4wd 2500's since 1993 and many were first year trucks and this truck is just amazing in so many ways. lets all hope for the best with this generation of new ones

• Like 2

yea, it is strange because it doesn't always happen all the time. iam going to put some more miles on it over the weekend and try and get a better feel for how it reacts, gives the fellas at the dealership some time to figure it out and then bring it in.  luckily the dealer i bought it from stocks close to 100 heavy duties at all times and have already sold a few 2020's so hopefully i wont be a big problem.

Wow ok maybe I’ll pay closer attention but I swear it’s as smooth as silk. I see either a recall or TSB coming. My Allison has learned and shifts are now clean and transparent