GM Power Assist Steps

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

And mine make a loud bang every time they go back in, rather annoying. 

Take it back to the dealer and make them fix it.  The same supplier that made the K2XX power steps now makes the T1XX.  Looks like the bang / clunk noise was carried over too, this is sad.  The linkage is actually hitting the frame of the step and resonating thru the aluminum extrusion of the step.

3 hours ago, econometrics said:

Here's a video of them in action. Personally, I like the AMP steps more, as they tuck away closer to the body. 

Hmm interesting. I might like the AMP ones better too. Thanks!

I've never had the factory power GM steps but I have the AMPs on my truck and love them. The factory bars that came on it were almost useless due to the fact that they were way too close to the body. The AMPs are actually functional.

• Like 1

I put the AMP on my TB and couldn’t be happier.

I find the height is perfect at 6’6 I have no issue getting in without them, they just make it easier and as mentioned the gap between the ground-step-cab is perfect and feels natural.

My 2010 Z71 LT had the factory steps and just never used them because it really didn’t feel like a natural step into the truck

As for how the hold up in. Canadian winter time will tell but they have an awesome warranty so I’m not worried.

I put my AMP's on after the worst of a central IL winter so I cant speak about how well they'll hold up. However, I had factory steps on my previous truck that were fine after a few winters. No issues whatsoever. I don't expect any issues with these. The key is to keep them clean and lubricated and they should be fine. Time will tell though.

On 9/7/2019 at 7:48 AM, Bob2C said:

How do these things hold up long term with road salt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had the GM power assist steps on my 17 Denali for about three years. I live in Saskatchewan, Canada and have had no issues with road salt, snow / ice or any bangs or noise whatsoever when they retract. They have worked without issue. I will be getting them again on my 19 Denali.