Help my back is killing me

laqualo

If you read OP’s original post, He said the hair on his back is being ripped off and not that he has actual back pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He said just a hair above his lower back. I guess you can take that two ways.

• Like 3

Having spent most of my life behind the wheel of a pickup. I went from removing my wallet to driving in a more up right position with my head easily resting against the head rest. The older you get you need to stop more often and walk around. That was easy with the wife along. The harder seats seem better for longer trips. Something that surprised me.

• Like 3

He said just a hair above his lower back. I guess you can take that two ways.

It depends, do we really want to think about it any longer lol

• Like 1

Having spent most of my life behind the wheel of a pickup. I went from removing my wallet to driving in a more up right position with my head easily resting against the head rest. The older you get you need to stop more often and walk around. That was easy with the wife along. The harder seats seem better for longer trips. Something that surprised me.

You’re absolutely correct, driving position makes a big difference.

• Like 1

[emoji846] "The pain is not lower back but just a hair above"  

Exactly! This post is laughable, OP’s hair is being pull off and decided to post about. Tapatalk has a feature that says “unfollow” but it’s not working lol

Maybe further discussion would be more appropriate for the Off Topic section.  It is an interesting topic and worth sharing experiences.   Back pain  impacts a huge percentage of us in varying degrees from annoying to crippling.  

16 hours ago, laqualo said:

Hey all . Im a new owner on a 19 Silverado RST 5.3 . I love the truck except for since i took delivery my back is killing me . I test drove it and no issues but the longer i sit in it the worse it is .The pain is not lower back but just a hair above . I had a 11 Denali sierra with no issues then a SRT Jeep that killed my back as well . I really thought switching back to a truck would be better . If anyone has recommendations it would be much appreciated . 

All seats are not the same. I've got two bad lumbar disks and arthritis of the spine and the ten way leather power bucket in my RST feels just fine, it actually causes less pain than sitting in a regular chair. I bought a $56K RST rather than some LTZs on the lot with lower MSRPs because the RST had most options and lacked the perforated leather and collision avoidance system. The non perforated leather seats use two separate buttons for cushion and back heaters whereas the perforated leather use one button for cushion and back heat, and the other for ventilation......this way I can heat the seat back separately for comfort without also frying my a$$......and absence of the collision seat vibrator makes the seat cushion less stiff and more comfortable for my a$$.

thank you for all your reply's . Im going to chriro after work today .My back issue seems to get aggravated when driving . Some cars worse then others but i agree the issue is probably my back and not my truck . 

33 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

The non perforated leather seats use two separate buttons for cushion and back heaters whereas the perforated leather use one button for cushion and back heat, and the other for ventilation......this way I can heat the seat back separately for comfort without also frying my a$$......and absence of the collision seat vibrator makes the seat cushion less stiff and more comfortable for my a$$.

The LTZ have three buttons. Heat for both butt and back, heat for back, and ventilated. 

• Like 1

OP, others are correct that you must have some kind of issue in your back that is being irritated in your new RST seat. A chiropractor is the best idea here, to start. 

However, to comfort you some, it did take me a couple of weeks to get my seating position correct in my RST. Honestly, the steering wheel does not telescope out far enough for me. I'm 5'10", and don't have the longest arms. So getting my seat to a comfortable position for me to reach the wheel, but still have comfortable distance from the pedals was tricky. I finally found the right position, and now I can drive with my arms resting on the door and center console comfortably. 

I love the driving position now, as it's like you're in a race car. Some do not like how low feeling it is to sit in the new Silverado/Sierras, but I love it. 

Also, with almost 5K miles and 6 months of ownership, the seat continues to soften and get even more comfortable. 

FYI, I drive with the lumbar fully pumped on my seat. Feels great. 

53 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

All seats are not the same. I've got two bad lumbar disks and arthritis of the spine and the ten way leather power bucket in my RST feels just fine, it actually causes less pain than sitting in a regular chair. I bought a $56K RST rather than some LTZs on the lot with lower MSRPs because the RST had most options and lacked the perforated leather and collision avoidance system. The non perforated leather seats use two separate buttons for cushion and back heaters whereas the perforated leather use one button for cushion and back heat, and the other for ventilation......this way I can heat the seat back separately for comfort without also frying my a$$......and absence of the collision seat vibrator makes the seat cushion less stiff and more comfortable for my a$$.

Nope.  LTZ has separate buttons.-three total.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomcat said:

My HC has 3 buttons, Cool, Heat back, or heat both I believe the other one is.