Sport mode all the time?

Maybe they meant Performance mode in a tuner? Higher RPM’s would be more fuel consumption which is why additional gears were added to transmissions lowering the rpms. Or, to each their own [emoji6]

Sent from Above

2 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Maybe they meant Performance mode in a tuner? Higher RPM’s would be more fuel consumption which is why additional gears were added to transmissions lowering the rpms. Or, to each their own emoji6.png

Sent from Above

No, just the Sport Mode you get when you turn the knob at the top left of the dash.  Then you get the green checkered flag icon in the DIC. 

No, just the Sport Mode you get when you turn the knob at the top left of the dash.  Then you get the green checkered flag icon in the DIC. 

Ok. But, can someone “PLEASE” explain how raising the rpms will save fuel??

Sent from Above

The truck will not stay in Sport mode, you have to engage it every time you start the truck. I doubt it will hurt anything to run it in Sport mode, I like it but often forget to turn it on. Getting better gas mileage is some of that FM computer shit.

I may be mistaken but I'm rather sure mine stays in Sport mode. I will check again but unless turning the knob sends it there initially I am thinking it stays where you leave it...not sure.

Sent via Morse code

On 9/29/2019 at 6:43 PM, TXGREEK said:

Ok. But, can someone “PLEASE” explain how raising the rpms will save fuel??

Sent from Above

Putting the truck into Sport Mode does not raise the shift points by 750 RPM or something wild like that. It's marginal. 

Sport mode changes the shift points and tightens up the steering. You get better response from the throttle.

I never checked, but I think that the rpm's at 70mph should be the same whether in sport mode or normal mode.

I could be wrong on that one.

2 hours ago, FDHog said:

I never checked, but I think that the rpm's at 70mph should be the same whether in sport mode or normal mode.

I could be wrong on that one.

This is correct.  

In Tow/Haul mode it’ll be higher at highway speeds.  I think it stays in 7th gear and doesn’t use 8th, at least in the 8 speed.

If you are traveling at say, 70mph in Tow mode and switch to normal or sport you will see the rpms drop significantly. 

My measured 0-60 difference between sport and tour modes is a couple hundredths of a second. In other words, sport mode really does not make a performance impact if you’re just flooring it off the line, even if it revs out an extra 100 RPM.

I like the steering feel better, but the shift points are annoying as hell around town with a loud exhaust.