Looking to purchase a 2020 white AT4, Anything I should know?

Love mine and the 6.2 is a no brainer in my humble opinion.  A little more money now, but so much more fun over the life of the vehicle.  Whichever you choose, good luck.  You won't regret it.  Oh, I purchased a new '19 Ram Rebel and it was purchased back a few months later as a lemon.  True story....Fiat Chrysler is still junk.

The build sheet does in fact say 5.3L with 10 speed transmission.

No word yet if we can get it...

I would love the 6.2 the issue is I really don't need that plus the whole over the top tech package with the cameras that seems to come with every 6.2L AT4. It would all be nice to have, and I can afford it but I try not to dump insane amounts into my vehicles. I do well income wise but im pretty frugal and this is by far the most I will ever have spent on a vehicle.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BrooklynBravest said:

I would love the 6.2 the issue is I really don't need that plus the whole over the top tech package with the cameras that seems to come with every 6.2L AT4. It would all be nice to have, and I can afford it but I try not to dump insane amounts into my vehicles. I do well income wise but im pretty frugal and this is by far the most I will ever have spent on a vehicle.

My local dealer has one without the tech package and another package. Overall the deal isn’t great on it as it’s only around 7k off. There’s dealers 4 hours away from me that have 10k off but that’s for a fully optioned one.  Just in case you’re interested. 

https://www.newbybuick.com/VehicleDetails/new-2020-GMC-Sierra_1500-Crew_Cab_Short_Box_4_Wheel_Drive_AT4-St._George-UT/3514240583

15 hours ago, BrooklynBravest said:

Be patient my friend.  If you’re in no hurry wait it out, as there will be deals to be had.  Closer you get to year end is usually a good time or start of new year as everyone’s recovering from Christmas shopping...lol.  Good luck in your search..

4 hours ago, BrooklynBravest said:

Guys making me feel like I will regret the 5.3L.

The deal might be off anyway, I was under the impression the AT4 came standard with the Duratrac tires like the Ram rebel and that may not be the case. If the truck doesn't have the duratracs I dont want it.

duratracs are a $300 option on the AT4 and are standard on the Trail Boss. 

Changes for 2020 include the 10 speed being standard with the 5.3 on an AT4:

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500

Deletions

(R13) Chrome Exterior Appearance Package
     (GS6) Smokey Quartz Metallic will be replaced by (GCI) Carbon Black Metallic in second quarter 2020

New Features

(GCI) Carbon Black Metallic exterior in second quarter 2020
     (PCP) CarbonPro Edition available on AT4 and Denali
     (NZQ) 20" Midnight alternative finish aluminum wheels available on AT4 CarbonPro Edition
     (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels on Denali
     (DPO/DQS) Trailer Tow Mirrors
     (UVN) Bed View Camera
     (KSG) Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera
     (UVS) HD Surround Vision with two Trailer View Camera provisions
     (AAK) LPO, All-weather floor liners with AT4 logo are standard on AT4
     (PEB) Sierra Value Package

Changes

(PEC) Denali Ultimate Package now includes (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels which replaces (Q7L) 22" Polished aluminum wheels
     (PCP) Denali CarbonPro Edition now includes (SGM) 22" high gloss Black wheel
     (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II now includes (KSG) Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera
     (CWM) Technology Package now includes, (UVN) Bed View Camera
     (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission is standard on 4WD 3SA, 3SB, 4SA, 4SB, and 5SA with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine
     (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine is now available on 1SA Sierra models

AT4 is the 4SB trim level.

GM can and does make changes to 'what is available' and 'what comes with what' on a regular basis.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, redwngr said:

Changes for 2020 include the 10 speed being standard with the 5.3 on an AT4:

GMC Sierra /Denali 1500

Deletions

(R13) Chrome Exterior Appearance Package
     (GS6) Smokey Quartz Metallic will be replaced by (GCI) Carbon Black Metallic in second quarter 2020

New Features

(GCI) Carbon Black Metallic exterior in second quarter 2020
     (PCP) CarbonPro Edition available on AT4 and Denali
     (NZQ) 20" Midnight alternative finish aluminum wheels available on AT4 CarbonPro Edition
     (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels on Denali
     (DPO/DQS) Trailer Tow Mirrors
     (UVN) Bed View Camera
     (KSG) Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera
     (UVS) HD Surround Vision with two Trailer View Camera provisions
     (AAK) LPO, All-weather floor liners with AT4 logo are standard on AT4
     (PEB) Sierra Value Package

Changes

(PEC) Denali Ultimate Package now includes (SMF) 22" multi-dimensional polished aluminum wheels which replaces (Q7L) 22" Polished aluminum wheels
     (PCP) Denali CarbonPro Edition now includes (SGM) 22" high gloss Black wheel
     (PDJ) Driver Alert Package II now includes (KSG) Adaptive Cruise Control - Camera
     (CWM) Technology Package now includes, (UVN) Bed View Camera
     (MQB) 10-speed automatic transmission is standard on 4WD 3SA, 3SB, 4SA, 4SB, and 5SA with (L84) 5.3L EcoTec3 V8 engine
     (L3B) 2.7L Turbo engine is now available on 1SA Sierra models

AT4 is the 4SB trim level.

GM can and does make changes to 'what is available' and 'what comes with what' on a regular basis.

good info. Thanks for posting. 

Thanks for that info above. 

the salesman so rarely have any clue about their product... 

my dealer says they’re in negotiations for the truck but it’s been like 4 days I’m not too confident they’re getting it since he mentioned today maybe I want to consider a factory order... Trouble is He said whenever the truck shows up we would have to revalue my trade in, and they’re already offering +$1000 more than the best I was able to get. Not sure I want to change that either.

what is a good website to specifically search my area for AT4 trim level trucks? I can’t find an autotrader type site that will let me just look for AT4s and weeding through a few hundred trucks is pretty tiresome... 

Edited by BrooklynBravest

12 minutes ago, BrooklynBravest said:

my dealer says they’re in negotiations for the truck but it’s been like 4 days I’m not too confident they’re getting it since he mentioned today maybe I want to consider a factory order... Trouble is He said whenever the truck shows up we would have to revalue my trade in, and they’re already offering +$1000 more than the best I was able to get. Not sure I want to change that either.

what is a good website to specifically search my area for AT4 trim level trucks? I can’t find an autotrader type site that will let me just look for AT4s and weeding through a few hundred trucks is pretty tiresome... 

auto trader will let you search just AT4s. 

1 hour ago, BrooklynBravest said:

I was about to say that the GM website would let you do that until I remembered that they STILL haven't updated it for the 2020s.

Thanks i didn’t realize autotrader had that function. 

i was able to find the exact truck fully loaded minus tech package. 

6.2, duratracs etc both driver assist packages etc. What’s another $3500 for happiness...

Dealer put in swap request, waiting for the build sheet As well.

sticker is 62,000.  He said supplier price is $59,894 minus $2000 current rebate deal. 

is there any room to negotiate from supplier price? No one really seems to budge from there. 

They’re offering me $17500 after haggling that from 16,500 which is $1000 more than anyone else has offered dealer wise. 

4 hours ago, BrooklynBravest said:

Thanks i didn’t realize autotrader had that function. 

i was able to find the exact truck fully loaded minus tech package. 

6.2, duratracs etc both driver assist packages etc. What’s another $3500 for happiness...

Dealer put in swap request, waiting for the build sheet As well.

sticker is 62,000.  He said supplier price is $59,894 minus $2000 current rebate deal. 

is there any room to negotiate from supplier price? No one really seems to budge from there. 

They’re offering me $17500 after haggling that from 16,500 which is $1000 more than anyone else has offered dealer wise. 

that’s a bad price on the truck. From what I’m seeing there is 2k in incentives right now. Many dealers are discounting 6-8k on top of that.