When do you think I will get my truck?

So yesterday (December 2) I just did a customer order for my new 2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali Duramax Diesel. The sales manager told me to give it 12-14 weeks. He said normally its about 8 weeks but GM has not allowed him to place a customer sold order on an "HD" for the last 2 weeks, and he has 2 orders ahead of mine. 

I guess Demand is outpacing supply at this point and GM is limiting custom orders until lots fill up more (?). So 12-14 weeks would put us at 26 Feb - 9 Mar. is that realistic?What's your guys best guess on when I get my truck?

I ordered a Denali SRW 3500 SB Duramax back in July and due to the strike they updated the projection and was to be started today. The original projection was 12-14 weeks, but thanks to the strike I might see it by February or March. 

Edited by Cool J

13 hours ago, Cool J said:

I ordered a Denali SRW 3500 SB Duramax back in July and due to the strike they updated the projection and was to be started today. The original projection was 12-14 weeks, but thanks to the strike I might see it by February or March. 

I'm surprised by your timeline.  I ordered a similar truck (AT4 SRW 3500 SB Duramax) on August 30.  Order was accepted by GM September 4.  Truck came off the line on November 26 and is currently on a rail car en route to Houston (event code 4200).  I've been told to expect delivery week of December 16.  If this holds, my lead time will be 16 weeks....6 of which were consumed by the work stoppage associated with UAW strike.  

Looking at my build sheet, there are a few RPO codes (E2C--Order to Delivery Expedite to Customer; R9Z--POMS Expedite-Sold Orders/TSE) associated with "expedited delivery".  I'm not sure if this means anything (do they add these RPOs to all trucks?)  Do you have similar RPOs?

• Like 1

I ordered it on 7/19 and was accepted for production on 9/11. They strike happened towards the end of Sept. and was over the end of October. I was notified the target production week of 12/2. I have been getting updates from the dealership every Friday so I'm hoping for good news.

18 hours ago, Cool J said:

This sounds like your dealer did/does not have allocation for your order.

I ordered a Silverado LT 3500 gas in Sept, right after the strike was on. My first build date was to be the week of November 16th. Yesterday was informed the build date is December 16th. Hopefully that date holds as Id like to at least have a VIN number to get the deal consummated before the end of the year for tax purposes. How long does it take in Transit from Detroit to Mn? 

I ordered in back in  beginning of Sept. Original TPW was first week of Oct. It was updated to TPW of 11.25 called on 11.26  was at 3400. Waiting still to hear back this week to see new status. My uncles friend just put an order in  at a big Vegas dealership was told 3 to 4 months due to back log from strike.

Good news, My truck was scheduled to be built on 12/2 and is now showing it has a VIN number and has shipped. Waiting to hear back from the dealership to get the event codes and best guests delivery.