2018 L86 Rattle under hard acceleration

Hello all,

Thank you in advanced for checking this post out!

I have a 2018 GMC Yukon 6.2L L86 10 Speed. Under harder acceleration there is a rattle noise that appears under the hood passenger side. This noise can be played around with by the amount of throttle you give or take. Letting off the throttle just a hair noise goes away, accel little more and comes back. While you hear the noise and keep same throttle position it will go away shortly as if the load on the motor isn't as high. Sounds like it could be the high pressure fuel pump engaging.

Has anyone herd this, or know a little bit more incite on this topic what it could be?

I have not taken it in for service, does not sound threatening, just noticeable.

Thank you,

Blake

On 12/5/2019 at 11:12 AM, BMiller said:

Hello all,

Thank you in advanced for checking this post out!

I have a 2018 GMC Yukon 6.2L L86 10 Speed. Under harder acceleration there is a rattle noise that appears under the hood passenger side. This noise can be played around with by the amount of throttle you give or take. Letting off the throttle just a hair noise goes away, accel little more and comes back. While you hear the noise and keep same throttle position it will go away shortly as if the load on the motor isn't as high. Sounds like it could be the high pressure fuel pump engaging.

Has anyone herd this, or know a little bit more incite on this topic what it could be?

I have not taken it in for service, does not sound threatening, just noticeable.

Thank you,

Blake

Get it checked out could be a warranty issue.  Could it be a lose cover or shield  of some  sort?  But sounds  like more based on your description