2021 Tahoe/Burb being introduced today ?

Can anyone if confirm if today is still the day they will introduce the new SUV's ?  

Really looking forward to seeing the big boys.  Still cant believe they finally made switch to IRS . Good move , i have a feeling they will look great as GM knows the EXPO/NAVI have been selling well. 

This truck looks like a truck, though I think the previous version is sportier.  Finally got rid of the outdated column shifter, but I can't tell if shifting is with buttons or on a track.  I would prefer a wheel vs a button or track.  Looks like the rear seats lay flatter than the previous version.  I'll keep mine for a few more years to see how the gremlins shake out with this new one.

Edited by The Zip

11 hours ago, The Zip said:

This truck looks like a truck, though I think the previous version is sportier.  Finally got rid of the outdated column shifter, but I can't tell if shifting is with buttons or on a track.  I would prefer a wheel vs a button or track.  Looks like the rear seats lay flatter than the previous version.  I'll keep mine for a few more years to see how the gremlins shake out with this new one.

Outdated? Now we can’t shift into Neutral without turning the truck on! There was NOTHING wrong with the column shifter, just the preconceived notion that it was “old”.

39 minutes ago, 5.3Avalanche said:

Outdated? Now we can’t shift into Neutral without turning the truck on! There was NOTHING wrong with the column shifter, just the preconceived notion that it was “old”.

No car can shift in to Neutral without the key in the on position (unless you use the bypass or have a manual). It will be the same as every automatic, turn key to on without starting and shift in to neutral, they have to in order to be flat towed.

Tyler

On 12/11/2019 at 12:58 PM, amxguy1970 said:

No car can shift in to Neutral without the key in the on position (unless you use the bypass or have a manual). It will be the same as every automatic, turn key to on without starting and shift in to neutral, they have to in order to be flat towed.

Tyler

I own 2 push button start cars and my column shift Silverado.  In order to shift into neutral in the push button start cars, you have to turn the engine on.  The only alternative is to disassemble the centre column of the interior and pull the red emergency release which disengages the drivetrain from the wheels.  In my column shift Silverado, I can put my key into the on position without starting the engine and then you can mechanically move the column shifter to put it into neutral.  It’s a simple feature but I use it frequently to roll the truck a few feet when I need to where I don’t want to start the engine for just 5 seconds of run time.  Like rolling it out of the garage or adjusting the truck position when hooking up a trailer or working on it.