Valve cleaning? Is it safe??

I’ve used this a TON on my older vehicles that didn’t have all the electronics on them. As far as the current engines in our trucks, I can’t answer that for you. I took mine to the dealer and had them to an upper injection cleaning on it. Didn’t cost much and the tech said a ton of junk came out of the intake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many miles do you have on it? I did have a reduction in power for a day after doing the first seafoaming, that was likely some crap loosened up getting stuck in a cat, have done a few cleanings since with less mileage in between & all good.

2014, 5.3, 4x4, work truck

• Like 1

I'm going to side with Cameron on this one. Pull the intake before and confirm it needs doing. I have 110,000 miles on my GDI and clean as a whistle. This isn't the problem is was in 1955 when this sky is falling thing got started with Mercedes.

The story goes that because gasoline isn't sprayed on the inlet valves back side it isn't benefiting from the detergent in the gasoline to keep it clean. Problem with that thought is the inlet tract is only air now that gasoline is introduced into the cylinder directly. Ah, but what about the oil introduced via the PCV system. Weeping valve seals. Fair point. Does your motor use a measurable amount of oil in 5K miles? If not, no worries. If so then as much as I hate to say it a catch can is in order. Point being made is that it is situational. Your situation. There is no one size fits all.

Now that said, if I had to clean my valves it would be walnut blasting and not a chemical douche. IMHO 

• Like 1

seen a post on another forum, guy installed a meth spray kit on his factory k2xx , parts cost is $300 , i guess he just activates it in park with high idle for a few minutes and sprays methanol down the intake. I'm curious as to how effective Methanol is for cleaning carbon build up

• Like 1