Do you keep your tires at full capacity? 80psi

5 hours ago, Booger T said:

I've never had a problem with my dealer changing the settings on the tpms.

My dealer changed mine for me too.

After the change, the phone app shows the new programmed number as 'recommended'. 

(When loaded and running higher pressures, I don't get the monitor reprogrammed)

FWIW, the 2500's are typically 70 rear, instead of the 80 rear that is typcal on the 3500's.

Edited by redwngr
  • Like 2

My Goodyears(?) and 20" wheels on my 3500 AT4 seem to lose a pound or two a week. Going to have to take it back at some point for that and a couple other very little things.

All of them!? Or just one tire?

Yep, all of them. Hard for me to believe too.

It came delivered with the LR down to 76 psi. I pumped it up to 81. A week later the fronts were down in the low 50s and rears were both down to 76.

It's much colder out today than it's been, they're at 55 front and 73/75 rear. I checked them on the dash after pumping them up and they were 61/81 before we left for AZ two weeks ago.

2 hours ago, blamkin86 said:

Yep, all of them. Hard for me to believe too.

It came delivered with the LR down to 76 psi. I pumped it up to 81. A week later the fronts were down in the low 50s and rears were both down to 76.

It's much colder out today than it's been, they're at 55 front and 73/75 rear. I checked them on the dash after pumping them up and they were 61/81 before we left for AZ two weeks ago.

My January OnStar email shows that my tires went down from 60 psi in September when I bought the truck, down to 48 psi in both front tires. And the rears went down from 70 to 58 left and 60 right.

Sounds like it is just temperature related in the loss of psi.

6 hours ago, SkidooSteve12 said:

My January OnStar email shows that my tires went down from 60 psi in September when I bought the truck, down to 48 psi in both front tires. And the rears went down from 70 to 58 left and 60 right.

Sounds like it is just temperature related in the loss of psi.

Don't forget the sun.  The left side of my truck gets more sun in the driveway.  So "cold" pressure on the driver's side is always higher after sunup then the passenger side.  Once on the highway and heated up, the tires are all the same.  Well, that is unless of course one side see more sun for a prolonged period of time!  LTs are more finicky than P-Metrics when it comes to air.  

I had to adjust the air more frequently when I ran them at or near rated capacity.  Now that we dropped them a few pounds, they stay at the set pressure much longer, months longer even.

Edited by swathdiver

My dealer reprogrammed the TPMS on my last two trucks, but refused to do it on this one. So, I run 50-55 psi all around for a while, and ignore the warning light. Eventually, I get tired of the light, and bump the rears up to 62-65ish just to make the TPMS happy. When I get tired of the firm ride, I drop back down to the 50's and start the process all over again, haha. 

• Like 1

Factory set 60 front 80 rear

No plans to change, rides just fine.

I put my rears at 65 and it made a difference. Even at full capacity 80 isn’t needed. But if it’s comfy to you then nothing to worry about.

I’ll bump mine up when I start towing consistently. But even at 65 I have more than enough and it makes it a little less rough in the rear.

On 3/21/2020 at 8:22 PM, Big Whiskey said:

My dealer reprogrammed the TPMS on my last two trucks, but refused to do it on this one. So, I run 50-55 psi all around for a while, and ignore the warning light. Eventually, I get tired of the light, and bump the rears up to 62-65ish just to make the TPMS happy. When I get tired of the firm ride, I drop back down to the 50's and start the process all over again, haha. 

For about a $100 you can do it yourself and have full, dealer level diagnostics and testing at your fingertips.  VXDIAG NANO with GDS2 software.

• 1 month later...

2500 was 70rr and 60frt.....I dropped to 55 on all 4 corners and no alerts or warnings....it does help some though but still could be better....since I don't need payload rating all the time ill just throw 500lbs in back and yank it when I need ability.....

Edited by Dunn
  • Like 1

I would drop by Discount tire, they are usually awesome about stuff like this, and they want your future tire business, so most of the small stuff they do free of charge.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using Tapatalk