2012 GMC Yukon 2500 - Seized Wiper Blades

Chris Rasko

Question

Hi, the wipers on my 2012 GMC Yukon are very slow, so I'm trying to repair them before they become fully seized.  I removed the nut that holds the wiper blade onto the bolt.  Please see the attached photo, but it almost appears that there is a small washer at the base of the bolt that is stuck in place.  I've tried using quite a bit of force to remove the blade with no luck.  I realize it's difficult to see in the photo.  The bolt is currently soaking with some WD40.  If that doesn't work, I'll look around for a wiper blade pulling tool.

Any other thoughts?  Is there some material on here that looks like it doesn't belong?

Just added a second photo after cleaning the bolt.  You can see the silver metal around the base of the bolt much clearer now.  Not sure what that is, or if it needs to come off, or if it's part of the wiper?

Thanks,

Chris

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

Edited by Chris Rasko
added photo

3 answers to this question

There's no more parts to remove.  You need a small two-jaw puller to yank the arm from the shaft, more than likely.  Crank it down snug, tap the forcing screw & send some shock into the seized joint.  Crank it some more, then more taps.  When it does come loose, it'll make a bang!