Will 2020's be rare?

So, the strike in the fall of 2019 severely limited GM's production. The strike gets settled and they open the plant 7 days a week 3 shifts and churn out vehicles for... 4 or 5 months(?). Now Covid 19 hits and the planst are shut down again.

Production of 2021's would typically start in the July/August timeframe.

Not that it means anything, but this has me wondering if a 2020 will be "rare". I think there will be a lot less made, and therefore a lot less purchased. Like I said, not that it means anything. But there might not be that many 2020's out there when this all shakes out.

Thoughts?

I have a build sheet for a 2020 3500HD AT4 so I can do an inventory search. Over the last 6 weeks the inventory had climbed to just shy of 4,000 vehicles over a 2000 mile search. Locally climbed from 80 to 95.  Some units marked In Transit. Again that's only for 3500HDs and included Denalis.  Not rare for awhile.

The problem is not  only the production line shutdown but alot of dealers nationwide are also shutdown.  Car /truck dealers are non essential and the sales depts are closed.  They're not selling anythng.  I would think there should be some decent deals to be had once the restrictions are lifted

1942 models were rare because production of cars stopped shortly after the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor but I don't think they were ever particularly valuable - even now.  So the 2020's not so much!

Edited by unit
Fixed working.

8 hours ago, XY74 said:

Might make the 2020 Corvette worth more in 2060.  :)  

Mine is # 1997 out of a little over 2000 at this point.

Even if they do not make any more 2020's, still not considered rare -- but tons of fun!

9 hours ago, artie2908 said:

The problem is not  only the production line shutdown but alot of dealers nationwide are also shutdown.  Car /truck dealers are non essential and the sales depts are closed.  They're not selling anythng.  I would think there should be some decent deals to be had once the restrictions are lifted

New Jersey has approved vehicle sales as an essential business, and it makes sense.  If your car or truck is in a collision and is repairable, no problem - automotive repair was deemed essential.  But if it's totaled, you have no way to replace it without sales.  Here's NJ's updated notation:

Untitled3.jpg