‘19 RST w/ 4” Lift, 35x12.5 or 35x11.5 on stock 18s?

Hey guys, 

I installed the readylift SST 4” Lift on my ‘19 RST over the weekend and I love it.  The install went smooth, just took a lot of physical labor using the hand held spring compressor to disassemble those front struts ?.  Anyway, I’m looking to order tires now and I’ve decided on a set of the ridge grapplers.  I definitely want to go with a 35” tire to fill the new gap with the lift, but I need help deciding between an 11.5 or 12.5 width. I’m going to be using the stock RST 18” wheels for now. I like the extra width of the 12.5 but I’m not sure if that’s too wide for the stock wheel or if I’ll have rubbing issues that can’t be fixed without permanently cutting up the truck. If I have to remove brackets And whatnot that can be replaced at a later date, that’s not an issue.

id appreciate anyway help I can get with this, I’ve tried searching here and google with not much help as these trucks are so new, there’s not a whole lot of concise info out there yet.

thanks! 

16 minutes ago, Mike Ketchup said:

Hey guys, 

I installed the readylift SST 4” Lift on my ‘19 RST over the weekend and I love it.  The install went smooth, just took a lot of physical labor using the hand held spring compressor to disassemble those front struts ?.  Anyway, I’m looking to order tires now and I’ve decided on a set of the ridge grapplers.  I definitely want to go with a 35” tire to fill the new gap with the lift, but I need help deciding between an 11.5 or 12.5 width. I’m going to be using the stock RST 18” wheels for now. I like the extra width of the 12.5 but I’m not sure if that’s too wide for the stock wheel or if I’ll have rubbing issues that can’t be fixed without permanently cutting up the truck. If I have to remove brackets And whatnot that can be replaced at a later date, that’s not an issue.

id appreciate anyway help I can get with this, I’ve tried searching here and google with not much help as these trucks are so new, there’s not a whole lot of concise info out there yet.

thanks! 

Does the lift allow for the stock 18”s to be used? I’m getting the BDS 4” and the steer knuckle doesn’t allow the stock 17 or 18” wheels.

Does the lift allow for the stock 18”s to be used? I’m getting the BDS 4” and the steer knuckle doesn’t allow the stock 17 or 18” wheels.
The SST maxxes out all of your angles. Yes you can use stock wheels and since it isn't a bracket lift, can be reverted back to stock.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

4" Lift Front/3" lift Rear.

20x9 0 offset 295/65 R20 - Chevy Max tire size.

20x9 0 offset 295/55-R20 - GMC Max tire size

From readylift.

So 35x11.5 r18 should fit in a 9inch wide wheel with zero offset (5 backspacing)

Stock wheel size is 8.5Jx18 ET26

So 8.5 wide 18inch diameter +26 offset (5.77 backspacing)

Here is the data it's up to you how you wanna handle it.

1 hour ago, Chambo said:

Yeah everything went together smooth all the spacing for suspension components to wheel/tire appears to be the same as stock.

55 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

The SST maxxes out all of your angles. Yes you can use stock wheels and since it isn't a bracket lift, can be reverted back to stock.

when you say this kit maxes out the angles, do you mean it would be an issue with cv joints wearing out?

47 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

4" Lift Front/3" lift Rear.

20x9 0 offset 295/65 R20 - Chevy Max tire size.

20x9 0 offset 295/55-R20 - GMC Max tire size

From readylift.

So 35x11.5 r18 should fit in a 9inch wide wheel with zero offset (5 backspacing)

Stock wheel size is 8.5Jx18 ET26

So 8.5 wide 18inch diameter +26 offset (5.77 backspacing)

Here is the data it's up to you how you wanna handle it.

So it sounds like 12.5 might be a bit too wide to fit on an 8.5 wide wheel?

So it sounds like 12.5 might be a bit too wide to fit on an 8.5 wide wheel?
It's not going to fit (according to readylift) the rim width isn't the issue (although side wall bulge will affect as well)

your stock wheels are 28 mm closer to your frame than readylifts recommend wheel. Readylift says 11.5 max on a wheel that is 26mm further away from the frame.

The tire you are trying to run is 2.5 in wider than stock, 3.4in taller than stock, and on an 8.5 wheel will have more sidewall bulge.

Stock size is 265/65R18 correct?

Readylift doesn't specify what hits first, could be brake lines, could be the control arms, could be the frame.

I would call readylift and see if they can tell you what hits first.

Yes CV will wear faster with this kit, however like all lift kits going to depend on where you drive and how you drive it. If you drive it a lot off road you're going to beat the CV's up. If you try to keep up with a Raptor well.... Better bring extra parts.

23 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

It's not going to fit (according to readylift) the rim width isn't the issue (although side wall bulge will affect as well)

your stock wheels are 28 mm closer to your frame than readylifts recommend wheel. Readylift says 11.5 max on a wheel that is 26mm further away from the frame.

The tire you are trying to run is 2.5 in wider than stock, 3.4in taller than stock, and on an 8.5 wheel will have more sidewall bulge.

Stock size is 265/65R18 correct?

Readylift doesn't specify what hits first, could be brake lines, could be the control arms, could be the frame.

I would call readylift and see if they can tell you what hits first.

Yes CV will wear faster with this kit, however like all lift kits going to depend on where you drive and how you drive it. If you drive it a lot off road you're going to beat the CV's up. If you try to keep up with a Raptor well.... Better bring extra parts.

Thanks for the super in depth answer I appreciate that. I’ll try reaching out to them. I wonder if a 1” spacer with the stock wheels would alleviate the issue. I don’t want to have to rig some complicated setup though if I can just bite the bullet and get wheels 

• Like 1

I have 35x12.5 on 17x8.5 wheels 3 inch lift. Zero rub on full flex but I trimmed some of the liner and mud flaps. Anything is possible if it doesn’t fit add a spacer, I’m running zero offset wheels. 

Edited by Ryguy

If the stock wheels are +26mm offset adding a 1” spacer will take you down to essentially a 0 offset. 1.5” spacer will take you to -12 offset and 2” spacer will take you to -25 offset. You’ll gain clearance from chassis/driveline components but the lower the offset the greater the chance of rubbing in the fender well. Unfortunately there’s not a lot of easy to understand definitive data of what works best with tire/wheel/lift combinations out there so unless you are doing exactly what someone else has done you’re making a best guess.

• Like 1

I ended up ordering wheels and tires today. I went with XD842’s in 20x10 with 35x12.5 ridge grapplers And 3/8” spacers. The guys at custom offset said this should clear my set up. When I get everything and put them on I’ll check back in here and let everyone know how it worked out in case someone else has a similar question 

• Like 2

I ended up ordering wheels and tires today. I went with XD842’s in 20x10 with 35x12.5 ridge grapplers And 3/8” spacers. The guys at custom offset said this should clear my set up. When I get everything and put them on I’ll check back in here and let everyone know how it worked out in case someone else has a similar question 
The guys at custom offsets have such good customer service it makes me not want to buy from anyone else ever. If only shipping to Alaska wasn't so damn expensive.

1 hour ago, Mike Ketchup said:

Wait, why would you get new wheels with a custom offset and then add spacers? The point of new wheels is to negate having to use spacers...

Tyler

10 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

Wait, why would you get new wheels with a custom offset and then add spacers? The point of new wheels is to negate having to use spacers...

Tyler

Some wheels don’t clear the brake hardware so the spacer alleviates that. If the wheels fit and clear the hardware without the spacers is going to send them back 

Tyler
due to the brake clearance problem with the newgen trucks, custom offsets recommends a 3/8 spacer with every wheel that they sell.

whether or not you need it you will find out during installation

I would be ordering wheels without needing spacers, sell a set of spacers with every combo is a scam. Telling me they have no idea if they fit, all they know is the bolt patterns right.To use a spacer that thick i hope there's enough threads.. 

Honestly its hard to look at custom ofsets gallery. Most of em use giant - offset wheels or spacers.  Since you already bought them try without the spacers 1st, if you don't need them send them back.