CARPLAY2air

17 minutes ago, Fuelie said:

Im curious if there is a way to update these units if your truck or phone won't connect to it?

Tom

Hmmm I wonder if you can hook it up to a computer then go to the website in the instructions it might work for updating. 

• 3 weeks later...

GMC 2020 Sierra 3500HD

I received the device today, got it connected and...it kinda worked. It told me to connect it up via wire but it still connected wirelessly and started playing music from my iPhone. I could not access the CarPlay interface but again the music was playing. 

I updated the firmware and no change. Now, with about 10 attempts to re-add my iPhone to the device via bluetooth, I got the CarPlay screen to show up, once. After that it went back to the old behavior of playing music but no CarPlay interface to use.

I don’t have steering wheel Siri control while using this device like when it’s connected via lighting cable.

I will reach out to the support folks in hopes of getting some assistance but based on this thread my expectations are low.

For anyone interested...

I asked C2airplay if it would work on my 20 Silverado 2500. They told me if my truck had  “C Port” in the console, then it would not work. 
I confirmed I had C Port, but ALSO had regular hdmi port. They responded that it would still not work. Apparently the mere presence of the C Port makes it incompatible right now. I don’t know why, but that’s what they said. 

So anyone who has LTZ or HC, probably has issues with it. Hope this helps. 

21 minutes ago, Dodgersfan said:

For anyone interested...

I asked C2airplay if it would work on my 20 Silverado 2500. They told me if my truck had  “C Port” in the console, then it would not work. 
I confirmed I had C Port, but ALSO had regular hdmi port. They responded that it would still not work. Apparently the mere presence of the C Port makes it incompatible right now. I don’t know why, but that’s what they said. 

So anyone who has LTZ or HC, probably has issues with it. Hope this helps. 

Interesting as they still sell them and advertise that they work when they do not work, then they want me to pay shipping back to China and pay a 25% restocking fee, bunch of BS!