Which packages to order with 1500 Elevation???

So I’ve started emailing dealers regarding a crew cab standard bed elevation and I might have to order the truck to get that configuration. Now I need to decide what packages to get? I know there is a small description of each package on the gmc website, but it looks like some of the packages overlap and trying to figure out which ones overlap is too much processing for my little brain. Is there a forum thread or link that describes with detail each package available for the elevation? 

If not, maybe someone can answer a few questions...

im looking at the 5.3L v8, 4x4. It’ll be my daily driver and also my hunting rig (trails and slick mud at times). Does the x31 offer any lift? Or any actual benefits other than protection? If so, what and what does it do? 

Center console is a must so I was looking at the convenience package with Center console. If I went with this, what would the elevation value package give me on top of the convenience package? It seems like they overlap? 

what does the preferred package give me? It says 8” premium infotainment. Doesn’t the dash already come with an 8” system? If i opted out of this package, would I still have USB ports on the dash for charging devices or does that only come with a selected package?

At some point in the future, I’ll be getting a lite (20-25’) travel trailer. Do I need a trailer package for this or the prograde trailer system? 

thanks in advance 

For lift, you could have the dealer install the GM 2" AT4 lift kit after you get your truck.  I preferred the look and options of the Elevation model, but also wanted an AT4.  So I had my dealer install the lift kit.  Best of both worlds.  Plus, it's under warranty.  You could negotiate the lift and installation with the purchase.  Note, the Elevation model only includes all season tires, so if you want all-terrains (they look better with the lift) you might want to upgrade those at the factory or have the dealer do a takeoff swap with a tire of your choice.

Ok. Can someone explain the x31 package and why I would need/want it? Does this include trailering package? 

Elevation value package??? Does this combine the trailer and convenience package? 

Trailer package vs pro trailer package? Does the standard trailer package include trailer brakes? And does the pro give you only the added hitch view and app?

Many of the 'packages' vary depending on the trim level it is added to.

(because some trims may already have certain parts of a package as 'standard' on that trim)

When packages overlap, the cost is adjusted so you aren't paying for an item twice.

The catch is that some add-ons are only available as pat of a package. (included and only available with...)

You can read til your eyes bleed here:

https://www.gmfleetorderguide.com/NASApp/domestic/proddesc.jsp?year=2020&regionID=1&divisionID=2&type=0&vehicleID=21796&section=oi_def&page=3&butID=3

I saw the elevation comes standard with the gmc infotainment system. The “preferred gmc infotainment 8” system” is an upgrade on the preferred package. When I look at the pictures of each, they both appear to be the same size based off the gmc configuration pictures. Is this correct? Is the standard an 8” touchscreen as well?

Elevation will give you better towing capability than AT4. On the website I can configure an Elevation crew cab, 5.3 engine, with Max Trailering package for 11,000 lbs. Best I can do on an AT4 is 9200.  With Elevation you'd have to make a choice between Max Trailering package and X31

• Like 1

Once you really get to digging around into all the options and such it gets very confusing.  I too looked for an elevation in 4x4 with standard bed.  My must have was the multi pro tailgate option which you can get on the elevation.  However I only found one dealer in the US and they had 4 of them and all had the kicker music system in the multipro tailgate.  That wasnt a deal killer but they didn't have the X31 option which I did want as it had the dual exhaust at the rear bumper.  The elevation can be optioned out very close to an AT4 but you can't get leather seats, technology package, cooled seats and a good bit of the driver alert stuff offered with the SLT,AT4 trucks.  You can however get an elevation with center console and bose audio with nav and subwoofer.  

Like someone said above.  go to gmc.com and build one out the way you want.  make sure to go through all the options in the menus.  Multipro tailgate is in there but I can never remember where it is.  

I'd like to do a white CC Standard Bed elevation with chrome door handles, chrome wheels and 2" factory lift myself.  I think that would look very nice.  maybe upgrade to katskins leather on the interior.

Ok. Can someone explain the x31 package and why I would need/want it? Does this include trailering package? 

Elevation value package??? Does this combine the trailer and convenience package? 

Trailer package vs pro trailer package? Does the standard trailer package include trailer brakes? And does the pro give you only the added hitch view and app?

X31 is the new GMC version of Z71. It includes a 4-low transfer case. Regular 4x4 doesn't have the low anymore. It does include the tow package (a hitch, electrical connectors, and brake controller). It also has a downhill assist that I've used on icy hills in the winter.

It is not compatible with the Max Tow. Max tow has 3.42 axle instead of the 3.23 gears that all the other trucks have.

4x4, Max tow package (commonly referred to as NHT), and X31 off-road have different shocks and ride differently. You'd have to test drive them to see what you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, patrickjlindsay said:

X31 is the new GMC version of Z71. It includes a 4-low transfer case. Regular 4x4 doesn't have the low anymore. It does include the tow package (a hitch, electrical connectors, and brake controller). It also has a downhill assist that I've used on icy hills in the winter.

It is not compatible with the Max Tow. Max tow has 3.42 axle instead of the 3.23 gears that all the other trucks have.

4x4, Max tow package (commonly referred to as NHT), and X31 off-road have different shocks and ride differently. You'd have to test drive them to see what you prefer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thank you. 

15 hours ago, bullet225ho said:

Once you really get to digging around into all the options and such it gets very confusing.  I too looked for an elevation in 4x4 with standard bed.  My must have was the multi pro tailgate option which you can get on the elevation.  However I only found one dealer in the US and they had 4 of them and all had the kicker music system in the multipro tailgate.  That wasnt a deal killer but they didn't have the X31 option which I did want as it had the dual exhaust at the rear bumper.  The elevation can be optioned out very close to an AT4 but you can't get leather seats, technology package, cooled seats and a good bit of the driver alert stuff offered with the SLT,AT4 trucks.  You can however get an elevation with center console and bose audio with nav and subwoofer.  

Like someone said above.  go to gmc.com and build one out the way you want.  make sure to go through all the options in the menus.  Multipro tailgate is in there but I can never remember where it is.  

I'd like to do a white CC Standard Bed elevation with chrome door handles, chrome wheels and 2" factory lift myself.  I think that would look very nice.  maybe upgrade to katskins leather on the interior.

Since when can you get multi Pro on the Elevation? According to the GM website, it's limited to the SLT, AT4 and Denali. 

conv 2 pkg or preferred pkg gets you premium infotainment with all of the features except nav.....the conv 1 pkg gets you 8" screen but not the features available on premium....I just went thru this and to be honest the first one is good enough but I now have premium and my 2019 RST had conv 1.....its bit better with more features and better definition, more personalized, and I really haven't dialed it in yet but its better but something you have to decide....you still can get AA on both 

what I really wanted was bucket seats but couldn't find any on 2500 HD trucks so ill probably end up doing that

the power outlets (useless really)and rear sliding window are whateves….not totally necessary imo and seats with storage under and in backrest is another whateves…..thought I really would want it but I don't really care.....I was limited on stock with mine but on 1500 you can probably find more combinantions...

the infotainment is touch nicer and gets you more options as well as the DIC......nav can be added later if you don't want to use your phone all the time....

19 hours ago, Kchampagne said:

I believe they are both 8", but the upgrade is with navigation, Bose, and satellite radio. I realized this after the fact that mine did not have satellite radio.

just HD radio which does sound a bit better than conv 1 infotainment.....but the bose is another option, just better speakers I think....

I have LT 2500 with conv1 and 2 pkgs.....same as value and preferred on GMC

am sure the more I use the info the better I will like it and set it up better....picture and camera are for sure better...

I went from 2019 RST to 2020 LT 2500