Rear bumper on 2020 AT4 not in line with body

Hey guys, i have 5000 miles in my 2020 AT4 and unfortunately covid hit right after I bought it and noticed this issue so i have not heard from the dealer.

ive seen multiple trucks with the same issue both Silverado and Sierra. 

the rear bumper basically points down very slightly to the rear. So from a little bit back it appears not to line up with the body of the truck. 

my neighbor just bought a 2020 Denali and his is perfectly aligned. 

i don’t really see a means of adjusting it.

This is what i am referring to

the end of the bumper dips down in relation to the body lines of the truck. It’s very slightly only like 1/4”-1/2” but it’s been driving me nuts considering the price tag on these things. 

ive seen Plenty of trucks that don’t have this issue which annoys me more of course.

624A56C0-DD7A-4119-97F4-40F925FE40DD.jpeg

On 6/9/2020 at 8:33 PM, 453030 said:

Well, as best as the photo shows, the lines on the bed are a little higher than the cab.  Maybe just the lighting, but that is a common assembly issue on these trucks.

I think it’s just the photo on that one.

the bumper is clearly off though. I’m gonna complain to the dealer but I’m sure they’re pretend it’s correct.

Hi, all.  Customer satisfaction is extremely important us. Our team would be more than happy to take a closer look into these concerns.To do so, please send an email to [email protected] ATTN: Forum Username/GM Trucks  with your contact information, VIN, brief description of your concern,  and preferred dealership. We look forward to hearing from you. To learn more about GM's privacy policy, please visit http://bit.ly/2h3ZUnC. 

Aleigha W. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/8/2020 at 2:06 PM, BrooklynBravest said:

This is what i am referring to

the end of the bumper dips down in relation to the body lines of the truck. It’s very slightly only like 1/4”-1/2” but it’s been driving me nuts considering the price tag on these things. 

ive seen Plenty of trucks that don’t have this issue which annoys me more of course.

624A56C0-DD7A-4119-97F4-40F925FE40DD.jpeg

Hello, 

Was the rear bumper fixed ? I have the same issue with my 2020 Sierra Denali. If it’s been fixed can you please share how it was fixed? 

Thank you.

1 hour ago, 2020AEC said:

Hello, 

Was the rear bumper fixed ? I have the same issue with my 2020 Sierra Denali. If it’s been fixed can you please share how it was fixed? 

Thank you.

To fix it I partially removed the rear bumper and added washers to the bottom 2 of the 4 main bolts, to shim it into alignment.