What are these wires for?

5 minutes ago, BlancoSilverado said:

And No, you cannot just plug in the piece and have it work, you are missing the inverter and the switch. 

Ok so are those wires just duds then for me? We’re they the wires that would be used for the plug in if I had it ? 

Mark

45 minutes ago, markyezy said:

Ok so are those wires just duds then for me? We’re they the wires that would be used for the plug in if I had it ? 

Mark

Yes, it's cheaper for GM to just make one or a couple of wiring harnesses, and just not use various plugs if the truck doesn't have a specific option, than to make a whole bunch of different ones and install the right one based on the truck's options.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bamorris2 said:

It’s not electrical tape, it’s Tesa tape. Very common in the OEM space. Not sketchy at all.

Thanks for the heads up, I'd never heard of it. Went to their website so I could do a little continuing education, in the automotive market, it looks like it's used for primarily for bundling, they touted all kinds of advantages to it, but no where was resistance to electrical shorts mentioned. All that fuzz looks like kindling on a potential electrical fire to me, I'll stick with black electrical tape thank you.

Thanks for the heads up, I'd never heard of it. Went to their website so I could do a little continuing education, in the automotive market, it looks like it's used for primarily for bundling, they touted all kinds of advantages to it, but no where was resistance to electrical shorts mentioned. All that fuzz looks like kindling on a potential electrical fire to me, I'll stick with black electrical tape thank you.

That’s my understanding as well...basically for bundling and keeping things tidy.

It’s not meant to insulate but it does a great job protecting chafing and cleaning up harnesses. I also use it for rattle prevention on panel clips or where fasteners pass through all the plastic junk on these trucks. 

It’s not meant to insulate but it does a great job protecting chafing and cleaning up harnesses. I also use it for rattle prevention on panel clips or where fasteners pass through all the plastic junk on these trucks. 

Might have to get some to use on the center stack plastic. It randomly creaks every couple of minutes like an old house setting. Drives me crazy. How many times can it do it in one trip??? TOO MANY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

12 minutes ago, Jav_eee said:

Might have to get some to use on the center stack plastic. It randomly creaks every couple of minutes like an old house setting. Drives me crazy. How many times can it do it in one trip??? TOO MANY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Worked like a dream on my door panel clips and all the fake wood trim. No more rattling or creaking every time you touch the panel. Shame we have to disassemble and rattle-proof such an expensive vehicle but whatever.

• Like 1