Lets talk bumpers!

Has anyone done a front and rear end bumper replacement? Here are the options I have found that I have been told (but not confirmed) work with a 2020 Sierra 1500 AT4 with tech package (adaptive cruise, cross path detection, front and rear parking sensors).

I would prefer to having something with a front receiver and grill guard built in. Front receiver preference so I can just buy one winch and not have to worry about dishing out the big bucks for two winches.

Front Bumpers:

Frontier Gear Front Bumpers: Two options, one with a light bar and one without, this is the link to the non-lightbar one. Had these bumpers on my 2017 and never had a complaint.

Westin HDX Bandit Front Bumper: They claim this one fits a 2019 and they claim the wire mesh is removable to work with adaptive cruise control but based on the way it looks I’m not convinced.

Ranch Hand Midnight Front Bumper: Found some pictures at the non-factory website over HERE.

Bodyguard A2L Baja Front Bumper: Does not have a grill guard and dang, that price tag…

Addictive Desert Designs Front Bumpers: Large price tag and no grill guard

Fab Fours Front Bumpers: Large price tag

Rear Bumpers:

Frontier Gear Rear Bumper: Again, had this product on my 2017 and loved it. It was a different style but it was great.

Westin Outlaw Rear Bumper: Not compatible with factory trailer hitch but I like how it hides the hitch (after you install theirs). Not sure how sturdy or reliable this one would be, looks more like a baja bumper with thin sheet metal to cover up the gaps.

Westin HDX Bandit Rear Bumper: Like the look and style, but on back order

Ranch Hand Sport Rear Bumper: Looks nice, really no major opinion

Bodyguard A2 Rear Bumper: Looks the most aggressive but, dang that price tag!

Addictive Desert Designs Rear Bumpers: Large price tag

Fab Fours Rear Bumpers: Large price tag

What are your thoughts? Have you seen anything better?

Final question is paint/ finish options. Leave it black powder coated as it comes? Strip and repaint to match vehicle color (pacific blue)? Strip and add a product like Rhino Liner or Line-X in standard black? Strip and add Rhino Liner or Line-X product with color match, it wont be exact because they can’t gloss it but it’ll be close.

As suggestions come in I can edit the original post to add more.

Edited by texas4ever

2 minutes ago, topgear1224 said:

The grumper exists emoji23.png

Don't forget the adaptive cruise using the camera behind the rear view mirror.

I stopped looking at bumpers when I saw shipping quotes over $2,000 for a $1750 bumper.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have been able to find a difference in over 1K just for parts alone for the Frontier Gear bumper. Total cost front and rear installed I found for $1625.00 in San Antonio, Texas. To sand blast and add the bed liner coating with color match I found the cheapest for $450 for both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Attached are pictures of a Frontier front bumper w/ brush guard on my 2020 AT4. The bar on the brush guard does block the front camera slightly, but you are still able to use it to gauge the distance between the front bumper and the object in front of you due to the angle. Install took 1.5 hours at a store. This is Frontier Truck Gear - 300-31-9008.

CramIt_MVIMG_20200728_09441820200728_094659.jpg

CramIt_MVIMG_20200728_09451420200728_094658.jpg

CramIt_MVIMG_20200728_09452220200728_094658.jpg

Edited by iammrrush
black out license

• 2 years later...

couple I see on the super duties in Alberta quite often are from these brands, always envious of these deer smashers and want one for my half ton, length would mean I'm no longer parking in the garage though so I continue to dream, I like parking in garage, for security reasons over all other reasons, I kill master power on garage every night

https://www.aliarc.com/category/products/pick-up-bumpers/

https://herd.com/pickup-guards/

Herd and Ali Arc brands, hope that helps fill in any other possible options/blanks on the bumper listings and manufacturers.

I put a fab fours steel on my gladiator and before half a winter was over rust started and almost all steel bumpers in the snow belt where roads are salted look like rusty junk in no time. IMO the only way to fly would be stainless or aluminum. Otherwise just another rusty looking pos waiting to happen. 

Edited by 4banger