07/12/2020

Hey everyone, 

I'm new to the game. I understand tire sizing but not fitment regarding clearances with aftermarket wheels. Looking for some advice. I know that I would like an aggressive MT in 33's. I'd like to get new wheels because I absolutely hate the stock polished aluminum 18's I have right now.  I'd like to get 289-295/70/18's but I'm not sure if that would fit with wheels with a -24mm offset and still have enough clearance in the wheel wells to turn completely without rubbing. My plan is to get the MotoFab 3 inch front leveling kit (strut spacer) before I go and by wheels and tires. 

If you've done something similar, I'd love to hear form you. If you know of a good way that I could figure this out without buying everything first to test it, that would be great too. Thanks in advance!

07/13/2020

Quick update: I've spoken with a friend of a friend who knows WAY more than myself about lifting trucks and the fitment of aftermarket wheels and tires. First off, he suggested that I don't put in a 3 inch strut spacer kit. His reasoning was that I'd be replacing ball joints, CV shafts, wheel bearings, ect. His rational was that the spacer would through the angles off too much and put excessive wear on many parts. He also said I could go through and change out the upper control arms to attempt to correct the angles a bit (at that point, I'm thinking, well if I'm going to go that far I might as well just wait and buy the real lift kit that I want). Another point he brought up is that if I were to put the 3 inch spacers in, it may through the alignment off so much that there wouldn't be enough adjustment in the stock tie rods to make the proper adjustments needed to complete the alignment. 

So now I'm just in the process of re-evaluating what I want to do. Stand by for another update soon to come.

Edited by CanMan34
  • Like 1