Hello, I’m new to this but I would like to see who else is having issues with the leather seats on their 2018 GMC  Sierra pickups . The driver side has cracks in the bottom cushion and the back of the seat along the edges is also showing lots of wear. (By the way I only weigh 162#) when I was finally able to get in to the dealer for an oil change (39172 miles) I  questioned  the dealer and they said GM would not Waranty any seat wear. My wife has a 2012 Honda Pilot with over a 100k and the seats look brand new.  

Not sure about the 2018 as I have cloth in my truck.

My 2006 Suburban with leather did the same thing you describe.

I took the Suburban to a local upholstery shop and they said yep, they all do that.
They were able to replace the bottom side of the driver's seat for not a lot of $.
I didn't mess with the sides of the back, they weren't so bad on mine until years later.

Good luck getting it covered under warranty!

In years past I've seen Volvo warranty seat and door upholstery but never GM :(

Sent from the demons in my head

• Like 1

Welcome to this forum!  I suggest taking your truck to an upholstery shop and have it repaired like dplarson.  Once this is done, practice and get in the habit of not sliding on the edge of your seat when entering and exiting.  If you don't have step bars then get some to ease getting in and out.  I wore the edge of the driver's seat out in my last truck and made the conscious decision not to do it on my current truck.  I've had this truck since Nov. '15 (leather) and the seats are like new.  I'm heavier than you and in and out of my truck several times per day.

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2020 at 9:52 AM, Byron Sparrow said:

Hello, I’m new to this but I would like to see who else is having issues with the leather seats on their 2018 GMC  Sierra pickups . The driver side has cracks in the bottom cushion and the back of the seat along the edges is also showing lots of wear. (By the way I only weigh 162#) when I was finally able to get in to the dealer for an oil change (39172 miles) I  questioned  the dealer and they said GM would not Waranty any seat wear. My wife has a 2012 Honda Pilot with over a 100k and the seats look brand new.  

I have a 2018 with 28,000miles. Same thing. At the back corners on a 45 degree angle to the center, its wrinkled and cracking. Dealer changed the seat at 10,000miles due to this and it was loose/rocking forward and backwards. 
the rocking didnt go away. And its all cracking again. Seats get AC Delco leather conditioner applied Every 3500miles. 

junk leather. Nothing compared to a ford or ram now. GM use to be the cadillac of trucks for interiors, now they at the bottom of the barrel. 

• 2 months later...

My 2015 HD 25 SLT has the same crack on the Drivers bottom seat SIDE toward the rear - it showed up at about 70,000 miles and grows a bit more each year - is about 2" long now with 125,000 miles - I'm the only driver and weigh 170 lbs - obvious defeat by GM

I've tried High Performance Kevlar Tape but it eventually unsticks

I have some glue made to FUSE plastic tarps permanently together, I may try that if I find some Black Seat Plastic or something in my travels +-