HELP- Swapped leather seats onto LT, not working.

First post, hoping someone can provide some advice or solution

I have a 2016 silverado LT that came with cloth seats. The seats have heating, not cooling. 

I purchased some leather seats on offer up, I just finished installing them and the drivers seat is not moving... The passengers side works fine, so does the heating option. So I'm wondering if the seat is bad or if my trucks wire harness is not compatible with these seats since they seem to also have cooling. 

If that's the case, has anyone else done this before? And is there a way to fix this. 

Another weird thing I noticed is my truck is reading 32° and displays the possible ice on road warning. But it's like 90° outside. So there's definitely something not 100% compatible with mine. 

Edited by E1994c

A few things....

I've done this swap myself and have done it many times for local customers.

1.  The new seats are heated/cooled.  This generally means that they came off a truck that had Seat Memory.  This would explain why you lost power adjust on the driver side.  The passenger side worked fine because you adjust don't go through the Seat Memory module (like the driver side does).

2.  You'll need my Seat Memory Bypass Harness ($150) to regain power adjust on the driver.

3.  Did you get an airbag light come after swapping the seats in?  If so, this is due to the passenger seat needing a seat position sensor.  Your factory seat has the sensor, but the new seat doesn't.  The new seats' position is determined by the seat memory module...which would explain the airbag light (if it came on).

4.  The temperature reading of 32º is because you likely disconnected your battery.  This will reset.

5.  Since you have factory heat, you gain the cooling feature by adding wiring from the passenger seat to the driver seat, and swapping the heat dash buttons with heat/cool buttons.

Hope this helps explain some things.  Your seats are probably fine.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, pgamboa said:

A few things....

1.  The new seats are heated/cooled.  This generally means that they came off a truck that had Seat Memory.  This would explain why you lost power adjust on the driver side.  The passenger side worked fine because you adjust don't go through the Seat Memory module (like the driver side does).

2.  You'll need my Seat Memory Bypass Harness ($150) to regain power adjust on the driver.

3.  Did you get an airbag light come after swapping the seats in?  If so, this is due to the passenger seat needing a seat position sensor.  Your factory seat has the sensor, but the new seat doesn't.  The new seats' position is determined by the seat memory module...which would explain the airbag light (if it came on).

4.  The temperature reading of 32º is because you likely disconnected your battery.  This will reset.

5.  Since you have factory heat, you gain the cooling feature by adding wiring from the passenger seat to the driver seat, and swapping the heat dash buttons with heat/cool buttons.

Thanks for the fast response! I didn't get an airbag light, I'm glad there is a fix for this lol. Where can I get the bypass harness? I'm also going to swap out the dash buttons to add cooling. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 5/4/2019 at 6:30 PM, pgamboa said:

A few things....

Where can I buy your harness I’m having all of those issues and also need the one for full console from jump console

Where can I buy your harness I’m having all of those issues and also need the one for full console from jump console

I typically validate each build but have loaded the seat memory bypass harness, seat position sensor harness, seat power harness (if power and ground are not loaded on the body side plug).

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-silverado-sierra-seat-memory-bypass-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-silverado-sierra-seat-position-sensor-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-silverado-sierra-manual-to-power-passenger-seat-retrofit-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-silverado-sierra-manual-to-power-driver-seat-retrofit-harness/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please note, we will be closed from 10/30 - 11/9 and will resume operations on 11/10. We will fulfill as many orders as we can before we close and will resume where we left off when we return. Orders will be fulfilled in the order they came in.

Hey Phil I was looking at the website and saw that you now offer to make a manual passenger seat to power even if the power and ground cable are currently missing under the seat... how hard is it to add your harness?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey Phil I was looking at the website and saw that you now offer to make a manual passenger seat to power even if the power and ground cable are currently missing under the seat... how hard is it to add your harness?

Assuming this is what you’re referring to.

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2019-silverado-sierra-manual-to-power-passenger-seat-retrofit-harness/

There are some trucks that GM didn’t deliver the power and ground circuits to the chassis side of the seat connector. If you unplug your seat, look at the chassis side connector (side with the male pins), if you don’t have the power and ground pins, then this harness is for you. If you have the pins, then you don’t need the harness. Simply install the power passenger seat and you’ll be good to go. If you develop an Service Airbag error after the install, then you’ll need a Seat Position Sensor Harness (also loaded on the site).

Hope this helps.

Assuming this is what you’re referring to.

There are some trucks that GM didn’t deliver the power and ground circuits to the chassis side of the seat connector. If you unplug your seat, look at the chassis side connector (side with the male pins), if you don’t have the power and ground pins, then this harness is for you. If you have the pins, then you don’t need the harness. Simply install the power passenger seat and you’ll be good to go. If you develop an Service Airbag error after the install, then you’ll need a Seat Position Sensor Harness (also loaded on the site).

Hope this helps.

That's correct. I have power driver but manual passenger and I'm missing the pins. How difficult would the installation be?

That's correct. I have power driver but manual passenger and I'm missing the pins. How difficult would the installation be?

Not and. Land power and ground pin into the connector. Ground lug is nearby and one in the B-Pillar. Power goes forward into the fuse panel. Lands into the OEM slot. Comes with printed instructions.

Not to hijack your thread, but I’ve been trying to figure out whether I should buy leather seats or purchase Katzkin leather covers. How much did you end up paying for the seats if you don’t mind me asking? 

• 3 months later...