• 3 months later...

It's anyone's guess.

Being an intermittent problem that only you know what is feels like is really hard to trouble shoot and it may not even be an actual problem but just the way the transmission acts. I don't remember off hand but some gears have a easy transition into the next gear or during a skip shift. Like 2-4 or 4-6, same with the downshift. Possible that the 3-2 downshift takes more time for the clutch to come off and it fills the next clutch rapidly then grabs abruptly. That may be what you are feeling.

Or just stop using manual mode. I never manually change gears, just leave it in drive.

• 9 months later...

I get that too in my 2017.  I learned to wait to make the shift until the vehicle speed slows more and the shift is smoother.  At higher speeds are other gears shift up and down smooth. Something about going down from 3rd to 2nd the transmission doesn't do well unless I slow down more.

what conditions warrant why do you guys manually shift each gear up or down?

6 , 8 or 10 speeds trans?

there are tables that can dial it in better in the tcm, will require lots of time cleaning up the down shift firmness and clutch fill time, inertia factors etc

Edited by pokismoki