Goodbye is always hard

Got a call this week from my local dealer that they were looking to buy Silverados. I thought it was a “come trade on a new one” scam but they said there was a shortage and to give them a chance to make an offer.... so I did.... and we’ll, they made me an offer I couldn’t say no to. I bought a year ago at 16k off sticker for 34k. Sold it a year later for 41,500. ? pure craziness. 

It’s been awesome following the forum and posts. Thanks all! 

A1BFA78B-765C-4C38-9894-059353D96E1C.jpeg

• Like 7

I still get emails from dealership I used to work at and they are getting excited after getting only 3 new silverados lol. Definitely a truck shortage.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

American buyers are  up here in Alberta buying used trucks as well. The 2019 Sierra I am driving as a summer rental from a local dealer is going to the US when we turn them back in. The exchange rate on the US/Canadian dollar is actually giving Canadians a premium trade in price and still giving the American buyers room to sell for profit in US.

I tried givemethevin Friday and was offered 37k. The selling price of mine was 36k two months ago and got it for 28k due to an internet price error. Very temping to profit 7k (after taxes) and run lol. I have an old Accord I could drive until a Silverado refresh or the new Tundra comes out... both around this time next year..... I just refinanced though and I'm not excited at the idea of going through all that again so soon. Probably won't do it, I was just checking for fun but still surprised. 

On 8/15/2020 at 1:07 PM, HoustonVol said:

Got a call this week from my local dealer that they were looking to buy Silverados. I thought it was a “come trade on a new one” scam but they said there was a shortage and to give them a chance to make an offer.... so I did.... and we’ll, they made me an offer I couldn’t say no to. I bought a year ago at 16k off sticker for 34k. Sold it a year later for 41,500. ? pure craziness. 

It’s been awesome following the forum and posts. Thanks all! 

A1BFA78B-765C-4C38-9894-059353D96E1C.jpeg

Damn you definitely came up. Good for you you’re right the inventory levels are pretty darn low but I was also thinking if they’re buying it from you at 41,000 what are they going to sell it to some person for seeing how you can get a new trail boss for 10 to 12 grand off right now

Sorry for delay in responding. School started back this week.  Next up is probably a Jeep Wrangler. I’ve owned a few and I’ve always enjoyed them. They hold their value incredibly well. My daily driver is a Chevy volt, so my truck was just my weekend toy.  I live in Texas, 2nd largest truck market in the U.S. and our dealers really aren’t heavily discounting Silverado’s right now. City metro area of 7.5 million folks, and surprisingly a lot of folks buying used cars right now. It was the perfect storm in my favor !  One cool thing is the dealer I sold to gives you a tax credit if you purchase another car from them within the next 12 months, and they own dealerships for all the major brands. I actually had a Tesla model S I sold their Jeep dealership 1.5 years ago, then used that credit when I bought my truck. The worst part of all this,.. the new  truck  parts sitting in my garage : (

on a side note there were issues with  the truck that bothered me, so I wasn’t devastated to sell.